Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Exposing to the right - post processing  (Read 2214 times)

pco98

Exposing to the right - post processing
« on: April 15, 2008, 06:17:23 am »

Hello all,

I have just recently entered the fully digital club having scanned my last batch of film and purchased a 5D. I am having a lot of fun.

A while back I posted on advice on exposing to the right in the field. I now have a query about techniques for post-processing of these particular images. I am using a mixture of Photoshop and Aperture.

Does one simply underexpose each image by the amount it was overexposed in the raw convertor? Or is it a case of using levels and curves to maintain the shadows as is but bring the highlights down?

Do those shooting large volumes of exposed to the right images generally use automated settings to batch process this stage of image processing or are they looked at one by one?

Kind regards,

Ross

francois

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 07:03:46 am »

Hello all,

I have just recently entered the fully digital club having scanned my last batch of film and purchased a 5D. I am having a lot of fun.

A while back I posted on advice on exposing to the right in the field. I now have a query about techniques for post-processing of these particular images. I am using a mixture of Photoshop and Aperture.

Does one simply underexpose each image by the amount it was overexposed in the raw convertor? Or is it a case of using levels and curves to maintain the shadows as is but bring the highlights down?

Do those shooting large volumes of exposed to the right images generally use automated settings to batch process this stage of image processing or are they looked at one by one?

Kind regards,

Ross
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Ross,
Read [a href=\"http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=24668]this[/url] discussion (Post processing images exposed to the right, Using ACR for exposed to right images).
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 07:04:17 am by francois »
Francois

pco98

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 05:38:30 am »

Thanks,

All clear now - should have looked before I posted,

Ross
Pages: [1]   Go Up