Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photoshop Elements  (Read 2591 times)

Justinr

• Ink+images
Photoshop Elements
« on: March 28, 2008, 09:48:02 am »

I'm trying to avoid buying 950 euros worth of PS only to use 50e's worth of programme, so I wonder if anybody can answer the following. (I've been trying the Adobe website which is a complete basketcase when it comes to being remotely helpful.)

1. Does the latest version of Elements support RAW files created by the Mamiya ZD or will it need a plug in?

2. Is colour temp adjustment available on these or TIFF files created from them?

3.  Is Curves now available in Elements?

Thanks in advance

Justin.

sniper

Photoshop Elements
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 01:13:26 pm »

As far as I know the RAW engine is the same as CS in the latest version of elements (don't have elements) but I don't think any version has curves.  Wayne

sojournerphoto

Photoshop Elements
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 05:34:48 pm »

As far as I know the RAW engine is the same as CS in the latest version of elements (don't have elements) but I don't think any version has curves.  Wayne
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=185003\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes it uses the ACR plugin as CS3 - I checked this for a friend who has bought it. You used to be able to fudge a curves layer (I think it does non-layered curves) using a script from Earthbound Light (or other places - not sure if v6 is supported though), but it used to only allow layers in 8 bit mode and you couldn't change them after the initial setting.

Mike

Raw shooter

Photoshop Elements
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 05:52:21 pm »

The ACR 4.x in Elements 6 is does not have the same funtionality as the ACR 4.x of CS3.  Lots of the tools are grayed out (a tease for upgrading!)and you can't save the conversions as either Tiff or Jpg - just DNG.
Elements 6 is for Jpg users, but for that group of photographers - Elements 6 is a huge upgrade.

Philmar

• Office drone by day - Photoenthusiast on weekends
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/phil_marion/albums
Photoshop Elements
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 10:24:02 am »

If you DO choose to get Elements read this:
http://www.earthboundlight.com/phototips/curvemeister-2.html

fike

• Hiker Photographer
    • trailpixie.net
Photoshop Elements
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 11:25:12 am »

When I was using elements 3.x, one thing it couldn't do was to edit multiple raw files simultaneously.  That was a real pain when I wanted to process a whole shoot with the same WB or other properties at the same time.
Fike, Trailpixie, or Marc Shaffer

sojournerphoto

Photoshop Elements
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 12:34:25 pm »

The ACR 4.x in Elements 6 is does not have the same funtionality as the ACR 4.x of CS3.  Lots of the tools are grayed out (a tease for upgrading!)and you can't save the conversions as either Tiff or Jpg - just DNG.
Elements 6 is for Jpg users, but for that group of photographers - Elements 6 is a huge upgrade.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=185516\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well spotted - perhaps LR2.0 will be the way to go for raw on a (almost) budget
Pages: [1]   Go Up