Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: More Vino and Shrimps - Camera to Print  (Read 6261 times)

laughingbear

More Vino and Shrimps - Camera to Print
« on: March 27, 2008, 09:10:43 pm »

Greetings from Ireland,

Thank you Michael , Jeff and Christian.

I did not have a chance to DL the video fro too long, mainly because I am in the digital outback in the NW of Ireland where broadband is in the foreign dictionary of words. But last night I visited a friend who has access, and while I was setting up a bespoke cinema system in his house, we downloaded it onto my external HD.

The setup of the Cinema system was quite a task, and thankfully was accompanied with a very pleasant 2002 Montepulciano D'Abruzzo, running wires and finetuning until 4 AM and continuing the following morning from 10AM to 5PM.

Now, back home and with very little sleep, I am a bit square eyed, and decided to continue with some of the Italien he forced on me when I left, and after 2.5 hours scanning the videos, something came to my mind which I'd like to ask you.

I will have to watch that twice, first to just enjoy it, second to make notes, and before I make myself some additional work, I would like to know whether it is OK for you if I am asking all kind of stupid questions on the video material.

See, I just registered a company here in Ireland this month, and my objective is the creation and production of fine art prints, from camera to the framed product. I am a musician by education, but since the better part of 3 years I stumbled into photography, got hooked ever since, and now it takes a much more serious direction for me. Talk about financing a business and setting all that up which is required, apart from constant learning and practising, the capital investment is a serious part of course.

At a glance, I already snapped up very helpful informations and ideas for my business endeavour in deed, and I can not overstress the point that this tutorial offers great value for money, apart from that, it is not too stagemanaged or sterile, hence a real pleasure to watch.

To my great astonishment, I was invited to exhibit my work on the next Photokina in September, scared shitless and certainly honored at the same time, I wonder, will you guys be at the show and may be would like the idea to join me for some social beverages after they burned my work and danced around the fire? Although I have not been there since a very long time, I live on the NW Atlantic in Ireland since 8 years, and before that in the USA, Cologne is my hometown, and I am confident "The Malzmuehle", as well as some older Jazz establishments etc still exist where "grey beards" are probably more comfy than in 195 beats per minute Tinnitus establishments.

So if it is all right to ask some more detailed questions, let me know, if not, we still can go for a drink in September. <grins>

Greetings from my stomping ground in Donegal

Oceanviewstudio
Georg Baumann
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 10:37:32 pm by laughingbear »

michael

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 09:27:17 am »

I'm afraid that I won't be at Photokina this year as I will be running a safari workshop in Botswana. Bad timing on my part.

Michael

laughingbear

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 10:34:13 am »

I would take that trip any day over a 6 day show marathon. Lucky you! I was told the family day is the hardest part.  

May be Jeff will be around?

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 11:45:15 am »

May be Jeff will be around?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=184960\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Naw...I really don't like German food :~)

Actually, I'll be going through "book hell" and will be avoiding travel and trade shows. That's the thing about Adobe–they let their engineers keep making changes to their (well, my) applications so that means a constant crush to keep books reved.

laughingbear

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2008, 01:35:45 pm »

Naw...I really don't like German food :~)

Actually, I'll be going through "book hell" and will be avoiding travel and trade shows. That's the thing about Adobe–they let their engineers keep making changes to their (well, my) applications so that means a constant crush to keep books reved.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=184985\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

TGI Friday's Jellapeno Peppers filled with cheese....

...why did I think about that now?

Too bad. well, then we may meet one of these days in Canada hopefully, as soon as I can manage that I plan to make a visit in Michael's Studio.

Like your touring maschine btw. really nice!
Pages: [1]   Go Up