Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon 40D shooting High-speed  (Read 2554 times)

once2work

Canon 40D shooting High-speed
« on: March 14, 2008, 01:59:02 am »

Almost every shoot I took now it set the camera on auto-bracketing at least three frames per shot, I used the function on the wheel of C1, C2 and C3. I set C1 for two stop +/- and normal. C2 for 1 stop +/- plus normal and C3 1 1/2 stop +/- plus normal. all set to high-speed bracket. These for HDR photography. It depend, some picture need only three expourse and some may be need seven. The reason I do this because of to avoid the moving subject like people or trees it result a ghosting effect after Photomartix.

My question is: When I'm shooting almost full-time under high-speed mode, would this shootern the camera life, and shortern the shutter lifespan.

My 40D Camera under 2 years full guranteer.

Thank you for your comments in advance.

Best regards
Paul
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 02:01:13 am by once2work »

stever

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 05:00:35 pm »

i believe the shutter is rated at 100,000 operations
as they say, do the math

Misirlou

• http://
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 06:29:16 pm »

Someone posted somthing about the cost of Canon shutter repair a few days ago, and it seemed surprisingly reasonable to me. So my advice is shoot away. If it breaks, the fix won't cost very much anyway.

once2work

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 02:57:55 am »

Thank for all the comments and advice, yes I'm doing whatever that I can achieve the best photograph and the equipment should use as tool. However, I'm waiting for the new camera coming out on July this year as heard (I'm live in Asia and that's what the rumors about). Two new full-frame cameras would out as 7D 1k MP and 3D of 16k MP.

Always saying about the new camera spec all over but an extra body will share the work of the shutter soon.

Thank you for alls comments.
Pages: [1]   Go Up