Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zeiss FE with *any* 39-Mpxl digital back?  (Read 23268 times)

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
Zeiss FE with *any* 39-Mpxl digital back?
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2008, 04:05:15 pm »

You have more than 24x36 (appr.27x39), the shutter clears more and the glass allows for more as well (mostly!). Having used a 500 with 16&17MP backs I can tell you it is a lot less comfortable and less quality than the Digiflex with good glass.

Anyway, I would say if you ever are in the vicinity you can test drive mine

vgogolak

• http://
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2008, 12:48:17 am »

I use Hassey "F" lenses (fast 50mm, 110 etc. they are basically faster, and BIGGER than the 3.5 and f4 CF) with contax P45+ and MAM-1 a lot.
No issues, focus confirmation; you do need to get used to setting exposure
(but the contax does work pretty well once you get into range.
Of course, you need to get pretty good with focus with lomg lenses, but w MF you are always a litytle wider than with 135, so it isnt that difficule.
That said, The Contax lenses are damn good, and I rarely use the hassey's any more (except to play around) except for the 250 apo. THAT is really a speciall lens

Victor
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 12:48:43 am by vgogolak »

Pham Minh Son

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2008, 11:44:44 am »

Hi, Pham,

One other lens that I'd add to your short list above is the Contax 350/4 Tele-Apotesar. True, the image quality is a step down in quality but the faster aperture vs. the 5.6 Superachromat is appealing, as is its close focusing capability.

Take care,
Brad
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=183240\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Brad, if you are able to change your digital sensor interphase to Contax 645, you can also use the tele-apotessar T* 4.0/350 autofocus lens as well as all of the Hasselblad Superachromat wether they have leaf shutter built in or not. What I like about the Contax 645 camera is its light weight with a waist level finder and it has the best mirror vibration dampen. The reduction in vibration whether instantaneous or cumulative is essential to long telephoto lens.

Also the Contax 645 system offer the closest focusing distance lenses along with only the Hasselblad V system for the 200 series. This optical feature is great for portrait works and macro work in the field with the additional tele-converter unit. Thus, your system is now more flexible in your dynamic shooting.

Son
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 11:50:39 am by Pham Minh Son »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up