Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leaf DCB II Live back on Sinar P  (Read 1848 times)

Andrew Philip

Leaf DCB II Live back on Sinar P
« on: March 15, 2008, 02:24:31 pm »

I recently bought these on auction, which at the price it seemed worth the risk, to use with a Sinar P:
Leaf DBC ii Live Back
Sinarcam colour filters etc
Expolux shutter
Power supply for back
Power supply unit for Expolux
Mac with control card and software installed
Software on disk for Leaf DCB/Catchlight, and dongle for Colorshop software
Assorted serial cables for stringing these together:
2 into 1 cable that connects Expolux Power supply to computer and Sinarcam;
cable to connect Sinarcam to Expolux;
cable connecting Leaf back to power supply.

I have had it all up and running to some extent, but it is very temperamental, and I have been unable to find much info even to know whether I have set it all up correctly. Images taken most successfully have had very compressed dynamic range and have been very underexposed. I seem to have no control over the shutter although it has occasionally made sounds when plugged in. Shooting with the bellows removed it is apparent that the shutter is not doing anything. I also have no control of the filter wheel from within the software - ie can't  advance or home the wheel, or choose any filter colour to be in position. However when taking a colour shot, the wheel does advance through the RGB positions. When shooting B&W however it always does it with the red filter in place, not the clear. As I have no idea what a normally functioning one of these is like, I don't know where to start troubleshooting ... but all is not well.

So, sorry for the essay ... my questions are:
1. Can anyone help with advice / documentation?
2. Do I have everything I need to be using this gear? I can see no way in the software to be setting shutter speed, which would seem quite key ...

thanks - any help at all much appreciated!

Andrew

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
Leaf DCB II Live back on Sinar P
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 06:02:29 pm »

Post this in the meduim format digital section and you'll probably get more response...
Pages: [1]   Go Up