Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon Mark III and the tilted Horizon Problem  (Read 3065 times)

danazoo

Canon Mark III and the tilted Horizon Problem
« on: March 05, 2008, 11:07:25 pm »

For a while ther I thought I was crazy. I just got a new Canon 1Ds Mark III in January. Because I shoot a lot of architecture, I have a grid focusing screen. As hard as I tried to create level images, time after time they were slanted down to the rght. Then I saw the post on LL with about 300 threads to it. In all of those threads, I have yet to read a solution.

My question is - does anyone know of a solution from Canon yet? Or are we supposed to simply deal with an $8,000 camera with a slight problem?

pfigen

• http://www.peterfigen.com
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 11:57:49 pm »

The solution is to send it to an authorized Canon service center and they'll fix it under warranty.

danazoo

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 12:03:45 am »

The solution is to send it to an authorized Canon service center and they'll fix it under warranty.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=179484\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Theoretically, yes. However, in the previous thread on this subject, there were several users whom sent their gear in. It was returned in similar or same condition as before.

I was hoping for a better solution or an actual resolution to the problem.

pfigen

• http://www.peterfigen.com
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 12:54:16 am »

Canon actually has a vested interest in getting your repair done right the first time, and that has always been the case when I've dealt with them. All my experience is with Irvine, Ca. and Chris Canada has always been very helpful.

carl dw

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 02:48:04 pm »

For a while ther I thought I was crazy. I just got a new Canon 1Ds Mark III in January. Because I shoot a lot of architecture, I have a grid focusing screen. As hard as I tried to create level images, time after time they were slanted down to the rght. Then I saw the post on LL with about 300 threads to it. In all of those threads, I have yet to read a solution.

My question is - does anyone know of a solution from Canon yet? Or are we supposed to simply deal with an $8,000 camera with a slight problem?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=179471\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Check the thread "Canon 1ds3 alignment problems" think it's on page 2 of the list of thread titles.

It's a bummer.... send it back to Canon and cross your fingers!

Ted Steppan

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 10:57:31 pm »

Theoretically, yes. However, in the previous thread on this subject, there were several users whom sent their gear in. It was returned in similar or same condition as before.

I was hoping for a better solution or an actual resolution to the problem.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=179485\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I had the viewfinder alignment problem with my camera as well.  I sent it in for repair at the New Jersey service center and it came back working perfectly!  I think they really know what they are doing and you should have no problem getting your camera fixed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up