Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 3800 - totally clogproof?  (Read 5234 times)

NikosR

• http://
Epson 3800 - totally clogproof?
« on: February 22, 2008, 02:04:54 am »

I was amazed when I fired up my 3800 after four (4) months (!!!) of inactivity and it came up with no clogging whatsoever printing a perfect first print.

True, the room it is located in is pretty perfect in terms of humidity (about 50%) but still I would have expected at least a minor need for head cleaning.

I'm impressed (given all I've read about Epson clogging).
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 02:05:24 am by NikosR »
Nikos

duraace

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 12:10:45 pm »

I was amazed when I fired up my 3800 after four (4) months (!!!) of inactivity and it came up with no clogging whatsoever printing a perfect first print.

True, the room it is located in is pretty perfect in terms of humidity (about 50%) but still I would have expected at least a minor need for head cleaning.

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=176592\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm happy with this printer too.

picnic

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 12:18:19 pm »

I'm happy with this printer too.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=176666\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I don't know aobut clogproof, but I'm seeing more and more reports of basically no clogging with this 3800 after more than a year--with continuous use or intermittent use.  I've had mine since Dec. 2006 and I've had no clogs.  I also have a 2200 and retired an old 1280--they weren't awful but I did have clogs.  I love the 3800 and its ouput.  I'm esp. happy with monos.  They really are lovely (I've been printing WYSIWYG/RGB but recently tried using ABW with Eric Chan's paper profiles and using my RGB mono files--both very nice).

Diane

DaveCurtis

• http://www.magiclight.co.nz
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 02:24:07 pm »

I have had 3 very small clogs over 12 months. I don't print every week but I do do a print test before a printng run just in case.

My 3800 is currently away being fixed with a "Service Call Error 150C" error.

Dave

dilip

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 03:02:37 pm »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=176592\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Due to the fact that I clearly overbought when I picked up a 3800, and the fact that I've been doing renovations, the printer doesn't get used nearly often enough... yet 13 months in and no clogs.

I'm especially impressed because it has gone months on end without use, and all I do is run a wet cloth over it to clean up the dust and away I go.  It's not the nicest way to treat the printer, but when the reno is done, it'll have a nice home and will get much more use.

--dilip

alain

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2008, 03:18:38 pm »

What are the print volumes you're talking about, it seems quite low?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 03:18:54 pm by alain »

photo-vinc

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2009, 10:42:17 am »

Quote from: DaveDn
My 3800 is currently away being fixed with a "Service Call Error 150C" error.

Dave

Hi Dave,

mine is reporting the same, unplug and powering on seems to help but I have the feeling the message appears more frequent. Could Epson fix your printer?

Vinc

http://www.photo-vinc.com

madmanchan

• Web
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2009, 11:31:19 am »

I would say clog-resistant, as opposed to clog-proof. I have also gone long periods without clogs, which is nice. I have also had periodic very minor clogs, easy to clear up. So it can still happen, but not very often in my experience. It has basically become a non-issue for me.
Eric Chan
Pages: [1]   Go Up