Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ipf5100 prints Very Flat  (Read 1090 times)

JosephMolieri

ipf5100 prints Very Flat
« on: October 02, 2010, 11:28:45 am »

So I just got my ipf5100 and have run off a few prints.  All the prints are coming out extremely flat.  When I use the export plugin and click "Perform Proof in Preview"  it actually shows me the flatness that is getting printed.  Soooo whats going on?  I'm printing on Canon Glossy Photo Paper, pretty cheap stuff. I have other paper but I'm wondering if it is this canned profile why would it be so flat? I'm using the "Canon iPF5100 Glossy Photo Paper
 (highest) v2" ICC

I jacked the contrast in PS a bit and it's still pretty flat.  If I make it super super contrasty in PS then it comes out looking about right.  My screen isn't really calibrated, however as I said when I click the "perform proof in preview" it looks very close to the print I get.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 11:30:29 am by JosephMolieri »

hsmeets

Re: ipf5100 prints Very Flat
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 02:46:15 pm »

Post screengrabs of the 2 first pages of the printplugin.

and detail a bit more about you system and your settings in PS (OS/X or MS-W, Photoshop Version, which colorspace is attached to file, ....)

Does it also happen when you softproof in PS itself and use the same ICC file as in the printplugin?

Cheers,

Huib

JosephMolieri

Re: ipf5100 prints Very Flat
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 09:51:44 pm »

So in the IPF export plugin I cranked up the contrast to 14 and the prints now look normal.  Sorta fixes my issue.....  Though I would like to be able to just go from PS to an ICC profile.   I'll post up screen shots shortly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up