Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is Meant By "Designer Edition" in Epson 3880 and 4900 Printers?  (Read 3628 times)

RedwoodGuy

I am considering selling my R2400 in favor of getting an R3880 so that I can have 17" width. I began looking at the printers on the Epson site and was excited to see a $250 rebate on the 3800. However, when looking at the SKUs, I see mention of a "Designer Edition" for an extra $200. But no where on that site can I find a description of how a Designer Edition differs from a regular edition.

Anyone know what this is?

Richowens

Re: What is Meant By "Designer Edition" in Epson 3880 and 4900 Printers?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 08:35:00 pm »

From Epson's site

EFI® eXpress for Epson included with Designer Edition Bundles

•Easy-to-Use intuitive interface saves time and produces accurate output.
•Print directly from the latest creative design software, or drag-and-drop files to a hot folder.
•True Adobe® PDF and Postscript 3 print engine ensures compatibility with your design files.
•Professional ICC color management, based on BestColor technology used in the commercial EFI Colorproof XF RIP offered with the Epson Proofing Edition Series.
•Handles both CMYK data for accurate proofing to industry standards, and RGB data for exceptional results with Photography and Fine Art.
•Reproduces accurate spot colors with the included PANTONE, DIC, HKS, and TOYO libraries.
•True cross platform network printing via hot folder or eXpress Virtual Print technology.
•Software supported on both Macintosh OS X and Microsoft Windows operating systems.
•Includes Epson media support out of the box, and the ability to add custom media types.

RedwoodGuy

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 08:48:51 pm »

Thank you very much. I must be blind. I couldn't find that anywhere. A somewhat expensive option, but I will look into that and see if it is something I could really use.

I.T. Supplies

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 02:22:53 pm »

The DES is basically used primarily for doing many copies of images at once and sends the whole file to the printer directly without losing much quality and slowing down in the printer queue.

It has the same type of basic tools as PhotoShop does as well.  If you don't do that many copies of images, the Standard edition would be the best option.
There is also a Signature Worthy edition which comes with Epson's Signature Worthy Sample pack and an 8.5x11 box of 25 sheets of each of the 5 versions of paper.  With the Mail-in for each of these, the paper basically is free after (and just paid for the printer)!  We have all 3 versions in stock.

RedwoodGuy

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 06:03:36 pm »

Atlex-
Would get the get same $250 rebate I get on the Epson site buy buying at your outfit?

I.T. Supplies

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2012, 10:38:01 am »

Yes, we offer the same rebates as the manufacturer.  Our price is normally a bit cheaper as well with the free ground shipping.
Epson also lowered the price starting today on the 4900 and still qualifies for the same rebate that they are offering.

Dan Wells

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2012, 10:44:37 am »

What are the current rebates on the 4900? I missed the craziness this spring where one could be had around $1100-$1150 because of a couple of rebates... I also wonder if we will see more rebates relatively soon because of new printers at Photokina - will manufacturers use rebates to clear out older models?

-Dan

I.T. Supplies

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2012, 11:41:32 am »

For the 3880 Standard, it is $250 Mail-in; DES is $300 Mail-in.  The 4900 Standard is $300 mail-in and DES is $400 Mail-in.  The 4900 standard went down a couple hundred on price, so the final price is even lower now.  Normally, there would be other discounts during print/trade shows, so we won't really know until they hit.  But Epson did lower the price yesterday on the 4900 (around late afternoon) and we just adjusted the price today.
Pages: [1]   Go Up