Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jeff Schewe future publication?  (Read 2290 times)

lbenac

• http://www.LucBenacPhoto.com
Jeff Schewe future publication?
« on: February 10, 2008, 07:56:03 pm »

Hello Jeff,

I know that you are a pilar of this forum but my apology if this is the wrong place to post. I really liked the book on ACR and it is one of the few textbook that I have read from beginning to end. I have started to implement some of the techniques(i.e. p192-197) in my limited workflow. Now to me this book begs for a second volume or an addition on tips and technique working in CS3 smart objects exclusively. To me this would be the logical extension.
As an exemple I have found out that once I have a Smart Object file with several smart layers (mask,local contrast,...) if I want to go back and make a change to extend the crop, I am out of luck as it will no make the change on every layer and mask which reduce the interest of keeping a PSD Smart Object file as my master instead of DNG.
I am sure that there are many points and techniques specific to working exclusively with Smart Objects that would be useful to many people workflows. Now there might be existing books on CS3 that deal with this in more than a passing way and would make such book redundant (?) but I really enjoyed the targeted focus and practicality of Jeff Schewe and defunct Bruce Fraser's book.

My 2 cents on a potential book that I would love to purchase if ever publised.

Thank you.

Cheers,
Luc Benac
Amateur Photos from Canada, Fr

KeithR

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 09:40:14 am »

Hello Jeff,

I know that you are a pilar of this forum but my apology if this is the wrong place to post. I really liked the book on ACR and it is one of the few textbook that I have read from beginning to end. I have started to implement some of the techniques(i.e. p192-197) in my limited workflow. Now to me this book begs for a second volume or an addition on tips and technique working in CS3 smart objects exclusively. To me this would be the logical extension.
As an exemple I have found out that once I have a Smart Object file with several smart layers (mask,local contrast,...) if I want to go back and make a change to extend the crop, I am out of luck as it will no make the change on every layer and mask which reduce the interest of keeping a PSD Smart Object file as my master instead of DNG.
I am sure that there are many points and techniques specific to working exclusively with Smart Objects that would be useful to many people workflows. Now there might be existing books on CS3 that deal with this in more than a passing way and would make such book redundant (?) but I really enjoyed the targeted focus and practicality of Jeff Schewe and defunct Bruce Fraser's book.

My 2 cents on a potential book that I would love to purchase if ever publised.

Thank you.

Cheers,
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=173855\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Since Michael and Jeff just finished tapeing material for an upcoming tutorial on Camera Raw, maybe this will be covered. Will find out in a few weeks.
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience

lbenac

• http://www.LucBenacPhoto.com
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 07:43:12 pm »

Since Michael and Jeff just finished tapeing material for an upcoming tutorial on Camera Raw, maybe this will be covered. Will find out in a few weeks.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=173941\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Yes I have the one on Lightroom and it was really good (for my limited knowledge of the subject). I just stopped using LR some months ago as I do not deal with high volume and I found the back and forth to CS3 a royal pain creating too many files and of course no direct access to Smart Objects.

There is also another Real World book on CS3 including Bruce Fraser that just came out. Anybody knows if it has a strong shift toward smart objects and working from raw files. That would make it an ideal complement to the Real World book on ACR.

Cheers,
Luc Benac
Amateur Photos from Canada, Fr
Pages: [1]   Go Up