Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Early Morning on Feldberg(Black Forrest), Germany  (Read 4785 times)

capricornus67

• http://www.gerlach-beimerstetten.de
Early Morning on Feldberg(Black Forrest), Germany
« on: January 23, 2008, 03:38:10 am »

On Nov, 1 st.
Early morning on top of Feldberg. Taken as HDRI with 5 single RAW Files.

Feel the sentiment.

Cheers,
Jochen
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 03:49:10 am by capricornus67 »
Canon EOS 5D MARK II with some Lenses

Keith S

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 10:25:36 pm »

On Nov, 1 st.
Early morning on top of Feldberg. Taken as HDRI with 5 single RAW Files.

Feel the sentiment.

Cheers,
Jochen
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=168947\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm not an expert but here is my opinion.

The colour seems to fade to the right and I thought that if you cropped the photo to the left then the colour would be more dramatic across the sky.

I did a rough crop just give you an idea of what I mean.

Keith

panoak

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 09:12:44 pm »

I much prefer the original composition, because it all balances.  The large dark hill on the right is proportional to the big bright area on the left, and gives the whole image the sense of depth and great distance.  The reflected light on the hill helps to direct the eye back to the lighter side.  Extending the view to the right, where the hill meets the horizon just keeps the whole view "grand".
The photographer wasn't asking for help, and doesn't need any.  Keep in mind that this is HDR, so it took a lot more work than a normal pano, and a lot more "vision".  Thanks to him for sharing this, and reminding me that I need to get out more, and work on HDR panos!

Keith S

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 10:39:34 pm »

I much prefer the original composition, because it all balances.  The large dark hill on the right is proportional to the big bright area on the left, and gives the whole image the sense of depth and great distance.  The reflected light on the hill helps to direct the eye back to the lighter side.  Extending the view to the right, where the hill meets the horizon just keeps the whole view "grand".
The photographer wasn't asking for help, and doesn't need any.  Keep in mind that this is HDR, so it took a lot more work than a normal pano, and a lot more "vision".  Thanks to him for sharing this, and reminding me that I need to get out more, and work on HDR panos!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=171391\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I wasn't offering help............just my opinion. After reviewing other replies to posts, I must admit that they were given after the poster asked for opinions. Here the poster did not ask for that. That would be my mistake.

Keith S

spotmeter

• http://www.photographica.us
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 09:52:41 pm »

I wasn't offering help............just my opinion. After reviewing other replies to posts, I must admit that they were given after the poster asked for opinions. Here the poster did not ask for that. That would be my mistake.

Keith S
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=171410\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I thought your crop added a lot to the photo.  I also thought the photo wandered off on the right. Cropping made it better.  I will look harder at cropping my own photos in the future. Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up