Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Death of a fine plug-in  (Read 2465 times)

plugsnpixels

• http://www.plugsandpixels.com
Death of a fine plug-in
« on: December 31, 2007, 03:11:56 pm »

It has just been confirmed that the folks at fo2pix have liquidated their business. They produced the buZZ set of plug-ins, along with ArtMaster Pro, which created a wonderful simplification effect. The closest effects to buZZ I am aware of are those created by LucisArt.

Read more info on RetouchPro.
Digital imaging blog, software discounts:
www.plugsandpixels.com/blog

mdijb

• mdiimaging.com
Death of a fine plug-in
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 06:03:27 pm »

I have just found the thread about the demise of Fo2pix and am not surprised, but deeply dissappointed. When I found Buzz 7 years ago, i was amazed, stimulated, and started a small business of art creation based on it's use--please check out my website--www.mdiimaging.com--Others have liked it also and it's use has been included in several books about photopainting. I think when they introduced Photoartmaster, they went astray and aimed at some ill-defined market that directed them away from the usefullness of their product. There has been simply nothing that has generated the kind of results that software provided, and I have tried literally every product out there that has come along over the years. If one is interested in controlling the amount of detail lost or retained is photopainting, this is the only program that allows one to do so. All the major painting software does not even come close, in my opinion.

Whoever suggested that Corel or someone else pick up the rights to the software and continue to explore it is right on the money--I strongly hope that someone besides our small community thinks so and does so. It seems to me that interest in this area has exploded in the last few years, and I hope that some other company see's this trend and grabs this resource.

It is too good a program and technology to loose.

MDIJB
mdiimaging.com

mdijb

• mdiimaging.com
Death of a fine plug-in
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 06:17:56 pm »

WHo and how could I contact at Adobe or Corel to beg them to look into buying and incorporating this wonderful software into their products so we don't loose this technology?

MDIJB
mdiimaging.com

plugsnpixels

• http://www.plugsandpixels.com
Death of a fine plug-in
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 10:29:00 pm »

Well, the first thing to do is to make sure Don would want to sell his software first. Otherwise it would be tough to acquire ;-).
Digital imaging blog, software discounts:
www.plugsandpixels.com/blog
Pages: [1]   Go Up