Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP Z2100 Orientation and Photo Centering  (Read 2172 times)

rlb2444

HP Z2100 Orientation and Photo Centering
« on: January 01, 2008, 02:12:08 pm »

I have had my HP Z2100 printer for a couple of weeks and I can't nail the controls to consistently print with the right orientation and centering.  Today I have wasted about a dozen sheets of 13 x 19 paper and got only three that I could trim and get an acceptable print.

It shouldn't be this difficult and I think I have reached a point where I am so frustrated that I can't see it.  When I print in portrait mode it results in cropping off part of the image in landscape oriented paper.  When I do get one right it appears if all the settings are changed when I go back to print another one.....Voodoo!  I think I have only printed one centered image.  The instructions are vague at best.  I have been using Epson printers for years and never had this problem.  I am pulling my hair out!

If anyone can point me to a source that might be able to help I would appreciate it.

rdonson

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 03:48:34 pm »

The easiest thing to do to avoid wasting paper and figure the settings out is to turn on print preview in the driver.  Hard to go wrong with that.  Just cancel the print if the orientation isn't correct.

I personally use Qimage for printing and the following driver settings work for me:

« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 03:50:05 pm by rdonson »
Regards,
Ron

rlb2444

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 06:26:18 am »

Thank you for your reply and illustration.  I will use the information that you provided and see if anything changes.  Unfortunately( or fortunately) I do use print review and it still doesn't come out as shown in the preview.  

Someone suggested that the problem was with CS3 so I used CS2.  No difference.

I have not tried Qimage.....

Thanks again,,

Bob

rlb2444

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 02:59:16 pm »

Update:

I THINK the problem may be related to not having the new drivers loaded at the time the new FIRMWARE was updated.  I spent about an hour on the phone with HP for the FIRMWARE update but no mention was made of the drivers.  

I spent another two hours on the phone with HP (those guys are professional, courteous and patient).  After the new Utility Care Program and the new drivers were loaded the print came out correct.  However the colors were way off.  He asked me to go through the diagnostics and it was determined that the spectrophotometer was defective.  A service rep will come on Monday to replace it.

Not off to a good start with a printer that is two weeks old and less that a dozen prints have been run through it.

rdonson

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2008, 05:13:26 pm »

Update:

I THINK the problem may be related to not having the new drivers loaded at the time the new FIRMWARE was updated.  I spent about an hour on the phone with HP for the FIRMWARE update but no mention was made of the drivers. 

I spent another two hours on the phone with HP (those guys are professional, courteous and patient).  After the new Utility Care Program and the new drivers were loaded the print came out correct.  However the colors were way off.  He asked me to go through the diagnostics and it was determined that the spectrophotometer was defective.  A service rep will come on Monday to replace it.

Not off to a good start with a printer that is two weeks old and less that a dozen prints have been run through it.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=165050\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That's a rough start for sure but hang in there.  I think you'll like the printer a lot when the problems are sorted out.
Regards,
Ron
Pages: [1]   Go Up