Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: need Spectraview II software licence  (Read 9809 times)

narikin

need Spectraview II software licence
« on: August 22, 2008, 01:57:22 pm »

short story:
I need a Spectraview software license # to activate my software. am willing to pay for it. if you have one left over from an old monitor, please PM me. thanks.

long story:
I just bought a new NEC monitor and need the Spectraview software to properly calibrate it (I own an i1 already). Go to NEC site, find download-able latest version, download it ok. Run it on my machine and it asks for a license key. ok - dont have that.  
Ring up NEC ask if I can buy a license key to activate software:

Me: Hi, I want to buy the Spectraview Software
NEC: Yes you can, but I'm afraid its out of stock right now
Me: oh that's ok, I downloaded it, and just need the key, which I'm calling to buy.
NEC: [pause, didn't seem aware you could download the software...] Sorry we dont sell the keys, we only sell the complete software, and that's out of stock
Me: So, even though I have the monitor and the latest version of the software downloaded from you, I can't just buy a key to activate it now?
NEC: No
Me: huh - so I have to wait for it to come back in stock - how long will that be?
NEC: Hopefully in 2 weeks
Me: Let me get this straight: I must wait 2 or more weeks to buy a box containing a CD of an old version of the software, that I wont use, just to get the license number from the back so I can use the new version I just downloaded from you?
NEC: Yes, thats right.
Me: Okaaaay...

ok - so leaving aside the fact that a $2200 monitor doesn't come with the software it needs to calibrate properly, AND the nonsense and environmental waste of sending around CD's of old software nobody wants, this is retarded pre-internet sales practice by NEC, and they need a kick in the pants for not thinking it through.

Imagine if Adobe force download buyers of Lightroom 2 to buy an old boxed CD of Lightroom 1 (that was out of stock for some weeks to come) to get a key to use it! insane.

Can anyone help me out here?

thanks
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 03:03:33 pm by narikin »

narikin

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 07:14:57 pm »

been sorted out on this one. many thanks.

the monitor is great, NEC3090WQXi

instantly tell the difference from my old Dell 30" one

BruceD7575

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 01:28:18 pm »

been sorted out on this one. many thanks.

the monitor is great, NEC3090WQXi

instantly tell the difference from my old Dell 30" one
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=216757\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hey, I just picked one of these up. I have an eye-one that I callibrated it with using the software built into the LCD. Will I get better results with the Spectraview software? How did you go about acquiring a license for it?

Thanks!

dkeyes

• http://
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 01:40:32 pm »

Hey, I just picked one of these up. I have an eye-one that I callibrated it with using the software built into the LCD. Will I get better results with the Spectraview software? How did you go about acquiring a license for it?

Thanks!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=219460\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I asked that question on a different thread weeks ago since I have the Eye1 and the 2690wuxi. Basically, it sounds like the software will do all adjustments internally (automatically). If you don't have the software, as you know, you have to manually adjust brightness, contrast, etc. If the monitor hits the targets set by the user after adjustment, don't see how the software can make it better.

Czornyj

• zarzadzaniebarwa.pl
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 02:13:27 am »

I asked that question on a different thread weeks ago since I have the Eye1 and the 2690wuxi. Basically, it sounds like the software will do all adjustments internally (automatically). If you don't have the software, as you know, you have to manually adjust brightness, contrast, etc. If the monitor hits the targets set by the user after adjustment, don't see how the software can make it better.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=219462\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Software can calibrate the panel's tonal response curve very accurately, it can even measure each one of 256 tones. As a result - you get very smooth gradation, and you don't loose any tones in the shadows and highlights.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 02:14:22 am by Czornyj »
Marcin Kałuża | [URL=http://zarzadzaniebarwa

picman

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 09:50:22 am »

Spectraview software appears to be shipping again. Just got my back ordered copy from Amazon this week.
Pages: [1]   Go Up