Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: mamiya and phase  (Read 69618 times)

amsp

mamiya and phase
« Reply #80 on: November 14, 2007, 04:41:33 pm »

Maybe I misunderstood, but I read the following as talk of a mount change: "The current existing range of Phase One backs will be made available for the new system", and "other lens and digital back makers will be able to design and sell compatible products, so it will not be a closed system."

where do you see that they change the mount
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=152827\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Graham Mitchell

mamiya and phase
« Reply #81 on: November 14, 2007, 04:44:56 pm »

Since Phase One has made it official that they will be working with Mamiya in coming out with a new platform that will use new and existing lenses people can feel confident in using the Mamiya 645AFD mount.

Maybe I missed something but I didn't see where Phase announced that the new camera would use the 645AFD mount, so no-one should feel confident yet.

amsp

mamiya and phase
« Reply #82 on: November 14, 2007, 04:46:19 pm »

I hope I'm wrong, maybe Michael can clarify this?

Graham Mitchell

mamiya and phase
« Reply #83 on: November 14, 2007, 04:46:34 pm »

If there is one thing I wish for that hasn't been discussed it's a tilt/shift lens or adapter, now that would be a thorn in hasselblad's ass
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=152702\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Rollei has had it for years, and now the Hy6 has it too.

ixpressraf

mamiya and phase
« Reply #84 on: November 14, 2007, 04:46:43 pm »

From Micheals interview :
Hasselblad

H3D camera with various back options. No backs other than those from Hasselblad can work on an H3 camera. No third party lenses. H1 and H2 discontinued.

Hasselblad does not only offer backs for its own H3 platform, but also for almost every other camera on the market except for the Hy6/Afi. The range CF and CF multishot offers great possibilities for those using more then one camera platform. I often switch between Hassieh, TC with V mount, digiflex, mamiya RZ and Fuji GX680. So it is only fair to mention that the hasselblad backs are not only for the H3 Camera.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 04:52:28 pm by ixpressraf »

david o

• http://www.davidolivier.net
mamiya and phase
« Reply #85 on: November 14, 2007, 04:49:15 pm »

Maybe I missed something but I didn't see where Phase announced that the new camera would use the 645AFD mount, so no-one should feel confident yet.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=152833\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
you're right but it says "The new camera system will be based on the Mamiya lens mount." Which one though...

amsp

mamiya and phase
« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2007, 04:52:07 pm »

You're talking about the lens mount, I'm talking about the DB mount.

you're right but it says "The new camera system will be based on the Mamiya lens mount." Which one though...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=152839\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

david o

mamiya and phase
« Reply #87 on: November 14, 2007, 04:56:25 pm »

You're talking about the lens mount, I'm talking about the DB mount.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=152842\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I know but again nothing about new DB mount... could be though. Ask Michael.

michael

mamiya and phase
« Reply #88 on: November 14, 2007, 04:57:23 pm »

Good point. I've added this to the report.

Michael

From Micheals interview :
Hasselblad

H3D camera with various back options. No backs other than those from Hasselblad can work on an H3 camera. No third party lenses. H1 and H2 discontinued.

Hasselblad does not only offer backs for its own H3 platform, but also for almost every other camera on the market except for the Hy6/Afi. The range CF and CF multishot offers great possibilities for those using more then one camera platform. I often switch between Hassieh, TC with V mount, digiflex, mamiya RZ and Fuji GX680. So it is only fair to mention that the hasselblad backs are not only for the H3 Camera.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=152837\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

amsp

mamiya and phase
« Reply #89 on: November 14, 2007, 05:01:11 pm »

So Michael, could you clarify if we are indeed talking about a new back mount? Thanks.

Good point. I've added this to the report.

Michael
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=152845\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

michael

mamiya and phase
« Reply #90 on: November 14, 2007, 05:27:00 pm »

My understanding is, yes, the new camera will have a new mount.

Michael

Quentin

• Quentin on Facebook
mamiya and phase
« Reply #91 on: November 14, 2007, 05:30:53 pm »

Mamiya + Phase, open system?  Sounds like goodnight H3 closed system to me.  Great news.

Quentin
Quentin Bargate, ARPS, Author, Arbitrato

amsp

mamiya and phase
« Reply #92 on: November 14, 2007, 05:35:36 pm »

Thanks, that's too bad. If the camera is a big step up from the AFD I hope at least the "nominal fee" of changing mount is reasonable.

Michael
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=152851\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

amsp

mamiya and phase
« Reply #93 on: November 14, 2007, 05:38:26 pm »

The lens mount will still be the same, let's not confuse the two. You will be able to use the new lenses on your old AFD, but you won't be able to mount your current back on the new cam. Still sucks though, agreed.

Mamiya should be clubbed to death if it is not going to continue the AFD MSC mount that it's had since what 2001. Great way to lock out every AFD mount owner from the new system. Open system my butt.

I would love to have the chance to use new leaf shutter lenses on my current AFD with Aptus 22 but if the mount is incompatible, then my feelings toward Mamiya will certainly go sour. No cheap mount change for Leaf backs at all.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=152856\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Quentin

• Quentin on Facebook
mamiya and phase
« Reply #94 on: November 14, 2007, 05:43:06 pm »

I'm getting confused.  A quote from the interview reads

"The new camera system will be based on the Mamiya lens mount. Previous lenses will be able to be fitted. A new line of AF lenses will be made available"

It might be that a new mount would add some additional connectivity or features, but old lenses could still be fitted and used.  What is not clear is if current AF lenbses would still be AF with the "new" mount.

Quentin
Quentin Bargate, ARPS, Author, Arbitrato

david o

mamiya and phase
« Reply #95 on: November 14, 2007, 06:22:24 pm »

Michael
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=152851\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Michael,
call the CEO back...

Mort54

• http://
mamiya and phase
« Reply #96 on: November 14, 2007, 06:27:25 pm »

My main frustration is that current AFD mount digital backs will simply not be usable with the new camera.
According to Michael's interview, they say anyone who bought a back in the last 12 months, or who have the 3 year warranty, get a free mount change, and that only a nominal fee would be charged for backs falling outside of this criteria. Of course, that does mean you can't use the converted back on your existing Mamiya body anymore, but most of the cost is in the lenses, so maybe that's OK.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 06:28:32 pm by Mort54 »
I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My

Mort54

• http://
mamiya and phase
« Reply #97 on: November 14, 2007, 06:29:43 pm »

I have a Leaf Aptus back, so no reasonable mount change as far as cost.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=152872\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
OK, I see your point. My bad.
I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My

amsp

mamiya and phase
« Reply #98 on: November 14, 2007, 06:40:52 pm »

Again, the current AFD will be able to use the new leaf shutter lenses. I don't get all this confusion.

My main frustration is that current AFD mount digital backs will simply not be usable with the new camera. That pisses me off. Sure I am very pleased with the quality I am getting and that won't change, but I knew from the start I would need the option of higher sync which while the RZ is still viable, how nice it would be that this new camera would take the place as the best of both, small and with leaf shutters, instead of the much larger RZ body.

Oh well.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=152867\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

samuel_js

mamiya and phase
« Reply #99 on: November 14, 2007, 06:46:34 pm »

I don't see the problem. The camera is an open system so there will be adapters for current non-P1 backs. I see this decision normal because if you make the camera with Mamiya mount, anyone making a DB compatible will be making it compatible with the new P1 camera and Mamiya AFD automatically, and this could be to just give too much compatibility.
 As Michael said, this camera is a P1 design so is normal that P1 wants their own mount. And the reason is not economical , because P1 owners (who purchased within 12 months) will get free back swap, and the rest of owners for a nominal fee. And their are closing none! Eventually, Mamiya will make a new back with the new mount and offer swaps like P1.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Up