Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: EyeOne i0  (Read 26646 times)

Lorenz

• http://www.l-arts.de
EyeOne i0
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2007, 11:32:44 am »

just some input from my side on the IO...

we have one (11106/REVB) which was  DOA and has been in service at GMB/XRITE twice afterwards. to be honest i'm quite disappointed by the craftsmanship of the device (we had a non levelled arm and a non working static mat due to the flex cable to be broken). plus a ac-adaptor thet failed (received an onsite exchange part).

in the past devices like the spectroscan or the iccolor were designed more robust.

we also ha a iSis in use which is quite nice but make quite some very high pitch noise (guess this will be solved once i get beyong 50 years of age *g*) - otherwise it's fast, fast, fast - simply lacking thick stock materials plus transparent media.

our solution to all issues mentioned above - the Spectro LFP RT from Barbieri. wonderfully crafted, quite fast and capable of pretty much everything you might imagine to measure.

PLUS tech support never seen before - we had some minor issues with the transparency lamp - within an hour or so mr barbieri himself called and dispatched of a spare. we needed a very special chart - next day we had the reference files plus the target.

they were also very cooperative in arranging a try & buy offer thru their german distributor...

just take a look at http://www.barbierielectronic.com/

bye,

lorenz
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 11:33:30 am by Lorenz »

Scott Martin

• Onsight
EyeOne i0
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2007, 03:15:56 pm »

I am at a client's site today where the owner would love to buy a perfectly functioning iO off of any of you guys that wish you had gotten an iSis instead. Contact me at scott@on-sight.com if you would like to unload an iO table without the EyeOne.
Scott Martin
www.on-sight.com

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
EyeOne i0
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2007, 03:26:57 pm »

I am at a client's site today where the owner would love to buy a perfectly functioning iO off of any of you guys that wish you had gotten an iSis instead. Contact me at scott@on-sight.com if you would like to unload an iO table without the EyeOne.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=152794\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Perfectly functioning and EyeOne i0 are rarely used in the same sentence.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
EyeOne i0
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2007, 03:35:01 pm »

Perfectly functioning and EyeOne i0 are rarely used in the same sentence.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=152798\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Look guys, I have the first production unit of the i0 and its been working great for me when there isn't a target/software issue (I've had no mechanical issues). And I suspect I've built a few thousand profiles with it.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
EyeOne i0
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2007, 03:42:00 pm »

Stupid question, but are you confident that the patches are large enough to be read consistently? As a side question, what is the minimum size that the i1 / iO will support?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=152691\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Currently using the charts produced by Bill atkinson for the EyeOne i0, and I don't resize.  He has an explanation of how he determined the DPI and size of the charts.   I have been creating several profiles a week for the past couple of months, first for a new 3800 I purchased, then for the ipf6100 Canon sent as a trade trial, and now for the Epson 11880.  For about the past two months with the Canon I haven't had any problem reading any chart whatsoever.  Flawless, occasionally a page would error out, and a 180 degree flip resolved it.  Then the problems started, and have gotten continually worse, to the point that the Rev. B will no longer read in a target that it read quite easily just last week.

I am working on enabling my software to produce charts based on Andrews suggestion they read better if the colors are random.  I like how Bill's charts are produced because you can compare them to the targets printed by other printers, but that's not really important.  Bill's targets utilize a black/white line between each patch to supply a contrast change for the device.  I'm not sure if measure tool targets have that or just never but two similar densities next to each other.

I'll keep working on it.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up