Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Article: Leopard and You  (Read 2554 times)

Henrik Paul

• http://www.henrik.paul.fi
Article: Leopard and You
« on: November 13, 2007, 02:32:13 am »

I hope this isn't in the wrong section of the forum. Moderators are free to move it about if they so see fit.

It's my take on Leopard, Apple's newest Mac operating system version, but from a photographer's perspective. You don't have to be a Mac user to enjoy the article.

If you recently have read any news site that is leaning to the IT side of things, starting about two months ago, you probably witnessed the countdown of the newest operating system Apple has produced, called Leopard or Mac OS 10.5. As many of you know, it's out now (released October 26:th 2007). Those computer-related news sites are doing their own reviews and/or first-impressions. Some mainstream media might have actually graced the release of Leopard with a headline. So why should I be left out of the bandwagon? But instead of me doing another vanilla reiteration of what everyone else has already said (probably with so much better words, at that) I'm going to give it a twist: Leopard from the photographer's view.

Even though Apple advertises 300 new features compared to the previous system (Tiger), that should be taken with a considerably sized grain of salt, as the number of REALLY new features is much lower and those visible to 'normal' users is reduced to a handful. The ones I cover here is further a subset of these. A thimbleful, if you will; the main features a photographer might gain from the most.

To the rest of the article

I naturally welcome any discussion, comments or personal experiences.
You are welcome to look at my thoughts o

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 03:15:48 pm »

The article was interesting, but the audio on the embedded videos didn't work for me.  I even went to the Metacafe page and others worked but not yours...

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

Henrik Paul

• http://www.henrik.paul.fi
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 03:22:29 pm »

the audio on the embedded videos didn't work for me.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=152501\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

They shouldn't work, as there is none. I would have loved to include a voice-over, but because I write my articles in two languages (English and Finnish), I didn't want to do the voice-over twice.

But I'm glad you liked the article!
You are welcome to look at my thoughts o

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 01:16:43 am »

Well at least it wasn't my hearing!

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t
Pages: [1]   Go Up