Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Macbook Pro w/2.6ghz Proc & Leopard  (Read 3458 times)

RicAgu

Macbook Pro w/2.6ghz Proc & Leopard
« on: November 24, 2007, 02:59:21 pm »

Hello All,

I am thinking about jumping into a new travel book.  Has anyone used Leopard with C1 and CS3?

I planned on getting the laptop and stripping it back to Tiger.  But it is a big pain in the but and a long process to get it back.  Plus one of my tech places told me the new 2.6ghz Processor is made for Leopard and won't work backwards.

Anyone have any experience, conjecture, clues or guesses?

Thanks,

Ric

Snook

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 03:19:00 pm »

Hey Ric..:+} CS 3 works great..
C-1 will not install but you can supposedly drag the application to the Leopard Folder but I have not tried it yet..
Several people have said it works.
I would not go leopard until it is at least 10.5.3 ish... then you can make the move..:+}
I doubt the New Macs are for Leopard only.. that would not make much sense as there are A lot of programs that are not eve for leopard yet...
Snook

RicAgu

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 03:28:07 pm »

Hey EK,

But if you buy a new mac it comes pre-installed with Leopard.  So I would have to do a gut reinstall.  a pain in the ass.  On my current machines I am not going Leopard for at least six months.  Maybe my personal business machine may go Leopard.

What up with Paul and the P30.  Email me directly at the email address you have.

My best to the gang!

AndrewDyer

• http://www.andrewdyer.com
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2007, 03:28:39 pm »

Hi Ric.
I have just ordered the exact same Mac... just waiting for it to be delivered.
I expect it will come with Leopard pre-installed and not even have 10.4 installer disks included as an option.
Last week at work I discovered that one of the new Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz would not boot up from a slightly older installer disk than the one it came with ( OSX 10.4.10 ) so it would not surprise me if the latest 2.6Ghz Macbooks will not boot up from anything but Leopard.
It looks like Apple are playing Silly-Buggers with us.
All the best.

BTW. CS3 works fine with Leopard... especially Photoshop.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 03:29:59 pm by AndrewDyer »
Andrew
 ht

Snook

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2007, 03:45:24 pm »

Ric I'd wait.. but depends what you going to use it for??
Yes the P30 is Bought....:+}
I'll talk to you this weekend..
We are setting everything up on Monday or Tuesday.
*Snook

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2007, 03:51:37 pm »

The Intels cannot boot form the PPC-only disks which were still sold as Tiger retail packages only a few months ago. I guess Apple thought that only PPC customers were upgrading.

Edmund

Last week at work I discovered that one of the new Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz would not boot up from a slightly older installer disk than the one it came with ( OSX 10.4.10 ) so it would not surprise me if the latest 2.6Ghz Macbooks will not boot up from anything but Leopard.
It looks like Apple are playing Silly-Buggers with us.
All the best.

BTW. CS3 works fine with Leopard... especially Photoshop.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=155566\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

DavidP

• papas.com
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2007, 04:08:04 pm »

I am using Leopard on a 2.2 intel Macbook Pro. The work around seem to work and it works well tethered. There should be an update to Capture One 3.8 any day now. If you are doing a custom configuration, go for the 7200 rpm drive, the drive seems to be the achilles heal performance wise. I wish I had gotten it. I probably should have waited to upgrade to 10.5 but it seems to be working ok.
Make sure you read the Knowledge base articles. Aside from the manual install, if you want to import from a CF card, you have to drag them in manually in the finder, C1 will corrupt them under Leopard if you do the auto import.
Also works well tethered with Phase backs but not with Canon yet.
If you order one, by the time you get it, Capture one may be updated. Hopefully soon. They say they have a "team" on it.
Photoshop works great.

samuel_js

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2007, 08:16:17 pm »

I'm running leopard in a 2,16 intel core duo. No problems with CS3 or C1 (but you have to drag the application, it won't install). Lightroom was a little crazy, but everything seems normal after the 1.3 update.
Performance in my G5 is also normal.

I think Leopard is the best OS ever made. Just wonderful and worth the upgrade. First real upgrade since Jaguar IMO.

BR
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 08:18:19 pm by samuel_js »
Pages: [1]   Go Up