Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Changing Photoshop's default file saving options a  (Read 3299 times)

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
Changing Photoshop's default file saving options a
« on: October 26, 2007, 03:27:41 pm »

Since moving to CS3 I’ve found that the default option for saving TIFF files has changed. It would seem that the default save option for TIFFs has Image compression = ZIP and Pixel order =  Per Channel.
 Not a problem when working through dialogue boxes as I can reset the options to what I want, but just hitting Ctrl+S whilst working seems to apply the unwanted default.
This causes one application I use, Qimage, not be able to display the image, so I would prefer to always use no compression and pixel order at interleaved.

Anyone else experiencing this ?

How do I get PS CS3 to use my preferred defaults ?

TIA

Rhossydd

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 02:23:56 pm »

No one else see this then ?

rdonson

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 02:39:58 pm »

Yes, I'm experiencing the problem even after exporting images from Lightroom with the proper pixel order.  CS3 seems to randomly choose pixel order for TIFFs.  If you're lucky you get to select from the pop up window but sometimes its just randomly chooses.  I thought for a while it was predicated on the "Save" or "Save As" but upon closer examination that's not the case on my Windows machines.
Regards,
Ron

Rhossydd

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 05:53:05 am »

Thanks Ron, Reassuring(I think?) to know I'm not alone in seeing this.
I'll try reporting it to Adobe and see if they have anything to say about it.

stewarthemley

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2007, 05:59:02 am »

I'm getting exactly the same problem with CS3 and Qimage. I don't have a solution yet though.

sniper

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2007, 07:05:08 am »

I just tried this and couriously they opened in q image fine, which version are you using, I even saved one with ctrl +s and no problems at all.  on xp pro.  Wayne

Rhossydd

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2007, 01:33:19 pm »

which version are you using, I even saved one with ctrl +s and no problems at all.
I'm using Qimage 2008.107 here. I don't think it's a Qimage problem as such, it's just brought the issue to light through it's hideously fussy standards for displaying formats and error labeling anything it doesn't like.

It looks like the default file options are varying somehow in CS3, sometimes Ctl+S works fine, sometimes it doesn't. In the same way, when the file options dialogue opens when saving a file, the default values aren't always the same.

I'm not sure if there's a way of definitively setting the defaults somehow.

CS3 has been a pretty disappointing version of Photoshop overall. The printing options work more poorly on Windows than in CS2 and before, plus the Bridge 2.1 needs some serious work to get it working quickly enough to be useful too.

rdonson

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 08:28:59 am »

I just tried this and couriously they opened in q image fine, which version are you using, I even saved one with ctrl +s and no problems at all.  on xp pro.  Wayne
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=150370\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm using the latest version of Qimage Studio and see the problem all the time with TIFFs.  CS3 just seems to be inconsistent and I end up with files that Qimage won't show a thumbnail for because of the byte order.
Regards,
Ron
Pages: [1]   Go Up