Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alpa with digital back?  (Read 2825 times)

meurten

• http://www.maartennoordijk.nl
Alpa with digital back?
« on: November 05, 2007, 11:55:36 am »

Hello.
I am pretty new on this forum. And am interested (and reading) a lot about digital backs.
I want to buy an Alpa SWA with 35 and 47mm lens, but for the moment can't choose between two digital backs, the Sinar eMotion54 and the Aptus22.
Some of the differencess are obvious ( specifications from the websites), others maybe not( the user experience soem people on this forum have)
It's the same question concerning the software.
I'm used to working with lightroom, but how do these backs and their images work when imported in Lightroom?
I rented an Aptus 75 (22 was unavailable) with a Cambo wide DS, for a test, works perfect during the day of shooting ( interior and architecture), but handling the pictures afterwards is a slow proces in Lightroom.
But there are some features which I (seem to ) be missing in LC11.
I am wondering how & what the workflow of some of you is, concerning the sinar and the aptus.
from DB to finish.
And can some of you share their experience with these two backs.
Maybe there is someone who has experience with both?
The ruggedness, the handling, how fast or slow.  The combination with Alpa ( there seem to be a lot of Alpa users with Leaf, why is that?)
I will use it mainly for interior-architecture, landscape  & portrait (this with my trusted old hassy)
I regard both backs as high quality & still want to test the Sinar. So it would also be nice to know what points to focus on when testing?  What to look for.

Thanks
 Maarten.

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
Alpa with digital back?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 02:56:42 pm »

Hello.
I am pretty new on this forum. And am interested (and reading) a lot about digital backs.
I want to buy an Alpa SWA with 35 and 47mm lens, but for the moment can't choose between two digital backs, the Sinar eMotion54 and the Aptus22.
Some of the differencess are obvious ( specifications from the websites), others maybe not( the user experience soem people on this forum have)
It's the same question concerning the software.
I'm used to working with lightroom, but how do these backs and their images work when imported in Lightroom?
I rented an Aptus 75 (22 was unavailable) with a Cambo wide DS, for a test, works perfect during the day of shooting ( interior and architecture), but handling the pictures afterwards is a slow proces in Lightroom.
But there are some features which I (seem to ) be missing in LC11.
I am wondering how & what the workflow of some of you is, concerning the sinar and the aptus.
from DB to finish.
And can some of you share their experience with these two backs.
Maybe there is someone who has experience with both?
The ruggedness, the handling, how fast or slow.  The combination with Alpa ( there seem to be a lot of Alpa users with Leaf, why is that?)
I will use it mainly for interior-architecture, landscape  & portrait (this with my trusted old hassy)
I regard both backs as high quality & still want to test the Sinar. So it would also be nice to know what points to focus on when testing?  What to look for.

Thanks
 Maarten.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=150705\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You should post this on the MF forum.

Sinar backs have a changable mount and built in memory

Aptus have bigger screens

The biggest thing about testing is that it is very hard to see differences when the softwares create different looks 'out of the can'

I am sure both are excellent

I have a sinar54LV

My workflow is brumbaer camera reader>Brubaer DNG konverter to DNG>silkypix>Tiff>CS2 retouch

Plus very rough/fast contacts with Photomechanic

Captureshop is too heavy on my crappy laptop

On the subject of computers sinars are MAC only

so if you are on PC there might be significant advantages in the leaf if they run on PC - I dont know

S
Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK

meurten

• http://www.maartennoordijk.nl
Alpa with digital back?
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 04:37:42 pm »

You should post this on the MF forum.

Sinar backs have a changable mount and built in memory

Aptus have bigger screens

The biggest thing about testing is that it is very hard to see differences when the softwares create different looks 'out of the can'

I am sure both are excellent

I have a sinar54LV

My workflow is brumbaer camera reader>Brubaer DNG konverter to DNG>silkypix>Tiff>CS2 retouch

Plus very rough/fast contacts with Photomechanic

Captureshop is too heavy on my crappy laptop

On the subject of computers sinars are MAC only

so if you are on PC there might be significant advantages in the leaf if they run on PC - I dont know

S
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=150740\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for the reply, I will post it in the  MF forum ( can't find where to delete this post ?)
My computer is a new mac laptop, so no problem there, but the testing as you say is a problem.
I'm not sure If I can have the two backs with me at the same time...
The screen of the aptus is fine, but I dislike the battery being sticking out under the back,and it's hard to tell how importent that is. Is the screen of the 54lv better now that it has LV?
And do you have any idea how sturdy the sinar is buils in comparison with the Leaf.
The changeable mount may be a plus, considering the Hy6 in the future. But for now it will be Hassy and Alpa.
And software... it's not my hobby to dig in to them especially as it always takes a while to get the best out of it, which is impossible when testing.

Maarten
Pages: [1]   Go Up