Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Panasonic introduces in-camera Beauty Retouch, turns humans into cartoons  (Read 4250 times)

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography

Panasonic Lumix FX77 includes a new "Beauty Retouch" option in-camera:

The Beauty Retouch Mode makes it possible to virtually makeup the faces. In Esthetic Mode, various effects can be applied to the face including clearing the skin texture, whitening of teeth and so on. In the Make-up Mode, you can choose the color of foundation, lips, cheeks or eye-shadow.

Why? Here's why:

There has been huge customer demand for such a product, said Akiko Enoki, a Panasonic project manager in charge of developing the camera.

"According to data we've acquired, around 50 percent of our digital camera clients are not satisfied with the way their faces look in a photograph," she said.

"So we came up with the idea so our clients can fix parts they don't like about their faces after they've taken the picture."

Sample:

No, I'm not joking, this is from their own site.

Counting the months until we have "Lose 20kg Retouch" and "Add 20% Hair Retouch" and "Insert Cohiba In Mouth and Time-Share Jet In Background Retouch."

via Slashdot

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website

Damn, Harri... there goes the only reason for my popularity among female friends! Who's gonna invite me to parties after this?

JBerardi

Thank goodness that Americans never take their cameras off full auto (did your market research turn up anything about THAT, Panasonic?), because otherwise this would become enormously popular here.

Tulear

Sorry to say that the weight reducer, cartooning and other 'in camera' processing options were in HP p&s cameras about 4-5 years ago.  The fact that HP is out of that business (save licensing their name) is indicative of how much more people were willing to pay for that differentiation. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up