Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Breathing color white -canvas settings?  (Read 1843 times)

damdeziner

Breathing color white -canvas settings?
« on: October 08, 2007, 04:00:55 pm »

Hello everyone,
I am printing with a straight up Z31000 (24") and recently acquired a roll of "breathing colors" chromata white canvas and was not certain about the printer settings to get optimum results.
Can someone share their print flow regarding this particular paper ie: paper thickness selection, profiles (use the spectro to generate or use canned) or anything else you have found to be helpful.
I will be spraying the canvas with the Glamour ll gloss and finishing with a matte and gloss mixed for a final coat.
I hope to save myself the trial and error here, but do hope I can repay the favor in the future as I acquire more experience--Great forum!!!

Thank you,

Dave.

Mark Lindquist

• it’s not about the photos we take - it’s the ones we leave
    • LINDQUIST STUDIOS
Breathing color white -canvas settings?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 06:09:29 pm »

Hello everyone,
I am printing with a straight up Z31000 (24") and recently acquired a roll of "breathing colors" chromata white canvas and was not certain about the printer settings to get optimum results.
Can someone share their print flow regarding this particular paper ie: paper thickness selection, profiles (use the spectro to generate or use canned) or anything else you have found to be helpful.
I will be spraying the canvas with the Glamour ll gloss and finishing with a matte and gloss mixed for a final coat.
I hope to save myself the trial and error here, but do hope I can repay the favor in the future as I acquire more experience--Great forum!!!

Thank you,

Dave.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=144688\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Dave -
My workflow with BC Chromata White is straightforward.

Create a new custom paper in "manage papers" in your color center under Custom> FINE ART > CANVAS

Then load the roll choosing the newly created paper.
Then Calibrate.

Create and install an ICC profile for the paper using the same name as the paper (accept what is in there).

Once you have done all this, cut your canvas printed target and reload your canvas being sure you have chosen the correct paper to load (Custom, FINE ART, then the one you named).

OK - you're locked and loaded.  Make sure you choose the same profile in CS whatever, and you should be good to go.

OK?

Mark
Mark Lindquist
http://z3200.com, http://MarkLindquistPhotography.com
Lindquist Studios.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up