Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Schneider electronic shutter with DB  (Read 8132 times)

David WM

• http://
Schneider electronic shutter with DB
« on: October 06, 2007, 09:43:28 am »

Last year I bought one of these shutters which I intended to use with a Cambo Ultima view camera and a Sinar eMotion22 back. The sales literature from Schneider showed an illustration of the shutter being operated with an e22 tethered to a mac and the settings being controlled via software from the mac. ie no need for the separate (and expensive) Schneider shutter controller. At the time Sinar advised me that this was not possible but future software upgrades would make it possible. From what I understand live video will never be possible with the e22 (need to upgrade to 45LV for that), but support for the shutter is supposed to be introduced with the new Sinar Exposure software.

Is this shutter currently supported by any of the current DB/software manufacturers or was it just Jenoptic who were working with Schneider to develop it and the others have not taken it up?

David Morcombe
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 11:12:32 am by David WM »

psp

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 11:01:24 am »

If I change to a different DB: Leaf, Phase, Blad, would any of their software/back combinations allow for the use of this shutter for remote operation tethered from a Mac?

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=144211\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes - Hasselblad backs allow one to use and control the shutter from the software directly. No separate controller is required.

P.

David WM

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2007, 11:16:26 am »

Thanks for the info,  does it depend on the model and do they have Live video too?

Yes - Hasselblad backs allow one to use and control the shutter from the software directly. No separate controller is required.
P.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=144220\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

psp

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2007, 11:22:13 am »

Thanks for the info,  does it depend on the model and do they have Live video too?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=144221\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Any of the Ixpress backs and newer CF backs work - and yes they all have live video.

TechTalk

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2007, 01:50:36 pm »

Hasselblad has supported the Schneider electronic shutter in their software since the shutter was introduced.
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

pprdigital

• http://www.phaseone.com
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2007, 10:31:10 am »

All of the digital backs can take advantage of Schneider Electronic Shutters. Only Hasselblad and the older Eyelike backs (including the e22 with Eyelike Capture Pro software)  currently allow for complete operation and control from the software (not sure about Phase One).

In addition, neither Hasselblad nor Eyelike digital backs require the clunky remote controller, instead the solution is only a combination of cables that connects the back to the computer.

While the remote controller can be a benefit because then you have more control at the camera location, some prefer to not deal with the extra remote controller. The Hasselblad solution does have a little box the size of a matchbox that connects all the cables and has one red button that allows you to open and close the lens. And if you only needed to release the shutter, there are remote releases that allow you to trigger the Hasselblad software to fire the shutter, so other than adjusting exposure, you wouldn't need to touch the software at all anyway.

Steve Hendrix
www.ppratlanta.com/digital.php
Steve Hendrix
[url=http://www.phaseone.c

Michael HG

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2007, 01:30:59 pm »

All of the digital backs can take advantage of Schneider Electronic Shutters. Only Hasselblad and the older Eyelike backs (including the e22 with Eyelike Capture Pro software)  currently allow for complete operation and control from the software (not sure about Phase One).

In addition, neither Hasselblad nor Eyelike digital backs require the clunky remote controller, instead the solution is only a combination of cables that connects the back to the computer.

While the remote controller can be a benefit because then you have more control at the camera location, some prefer to not deal with the extra remote controller. The Hasselblad solution does have a little box the size of a matchbox that connects all the cables and has one red button that allows you to open and close the lens. And if you only needed to release the shutter, there are remote releases that allow you to trigger the Hasselblad software to fire the shutter, so other than adjusting exposure, you wouldn't need to touch the software at all anyway.

Steve Hendrix
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=144383\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Does this work with the rollei electronic shutter, too ?

Michael

TechTalk

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2007, 01:45:06 pm »

Does this work with the rollei electronic shutter, too ?

Michael
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=144408\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
The Rollei shutter system always requires connection to the controler. The Hasselblad software allows control of the shutter speed and aperture from the software and will also automatically open and close the shutter when using live video.
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

David WM

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2007, 09:10:59 pm »

Hi Steve,
I don't believe the e22 is supported for this shutter with Eyelike Capture Pro. I tried it when I got the shutter. It looked like it should have been,  the e22 option in the software was there but was not selectable(greyed out). Sinar advised that at that stage the support would not be added as all work on Eyelike Capture Pro had ceased, and that it was to be introduced with a future version of Captureshop.
David

pprdigital

• http://www.phaseone.com
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2007, 10:09:57 pm »

Hi Steve,
I don't believe the e22 is supported for this shutter with Eyelike Capture Pro. I tried it when I got the shutter. It looked like it should have been,  the e22 option in the software was there but was not selectable(greyed out). Sinar advised that at that stage the support would not be added as all work on Eyelike Capture Pro had ceased, and that it was to be introduced with a future version of Captureshop.
David
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=144484\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That's quite possible. We never sold an e22 configuration with the Schneider setup. I assumed since someone indicated that it did have support it was there. In that case, the Precision M (11, 16, 22) series would be the last Eyelike to have support.

Steve Hendrix
Steve Hendrix
[url=http://www.phaseone.c
Pages: [1]   Go Up