Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Northern Ireland  (Read 7624 times)

LE-Photographer

• http://www.LE-Photographer.de
Northern Ireland
« on: September 24, 2007, 05:59:43 am »

After two weeks in Northern Ireland I don't want to keep back the results from you.
If this picture goes down well in here I'd like to upload some more in next few days, if nobody minds though.

Comments, criticism, improvement suggestens are welcome.

many thanks
Sebastian
----------------------------------------

amcinroy

Northern Ireland
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 06:30:17 am »

Keep them coming Sebastian.

I know the area around Ballintoy very well.  It's perhaps a little tight on the bottom for my tastes but the light is beautiful.

I'll post one of mine in another thread.

Andy
www.andymcinroy.com
Andy McInroy Photography
Landscapes of I

LE-Photographer

Northern Ireland
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 10:25:00 am »

Hey Andy,

thanks for appreciating my photo.
I really like the area around Ballintoy. I stayed there for almost 2 weeks.
I hope I can come back there again one day.

Sebastian

fike

• Hiker Photographer
    • trailpixie.net
Northern Ireland
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 03:11:08 pm »

Fantastic image. I love the contrast between the rocky cliffs and green hillside.  I can't wait to see more.  The boulder strewn foreground makes a really gritty look.  Is this sunrise or sunset?  Did it rain before or after the shot.  My guess is before, but that's probably just the optimist in me speaking. the horizontal lines on the cliff side remind me of dragon scales or something.  Really great!

Try the forum.User Critiques Forum.
Fike, Trailpixie, or Marc Shaffer

LE-Photographer

Northern Ireland
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 05:06:11 pm »

Hey fike,

thanks for your comment.
This picture was taken at sunset. It didn't rained that day though. But the next day there was a heavy storm goin on.

So you think it'd be better to post the next photos in this User Critiques Forum?

Sebastian
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 05:06:41 pm by LE-Photographer »

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Northern Ireland
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 01:55:36 pm »

So you think it'd be better to post the next photos in this User Critiques Forum?

You're a user of this forum and you're posting images and asking for comments, critiques and suggestions... is this a trick question?    

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

Rob C

Northern Ireland
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 02:08:54 pm »

You're a user of this forum and you're posting images and asking for comments, critiques and suggestions... is this a trick question?   

Mike.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=141783\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I doubt it, Mike, probably just another guy in shock after looking at those D3 images...!?

Rob C

Chris_T

Northern Ireland
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2007, 09:16:02 am »

I would boost the luminosity and contrast on the arch and big boulder at the right by PS to complement (but not equal) those on the left rock surface.

I wonder if another composition, or two, can dramatically improve this image. E.g. one that shows some significant details of the foreground rocks for better scale, or another that shows the arch's hole against the sky for better contrast, or a combination of both. I would be tempted to get very close to the left big rocks and on my knees/belly for such a combination. Or, yet another that shows more of the water with reflected sky colors/clouds. Under such great lighting and clouds, I would have shot quite a few frames, including some after the sun sets.

Another vote for posting comment requests at the critique forum.

After two weeks in Northern Ireland I don't want to keep back the results from you.
If this picture goes down well in here I'd like to upload some more in next few days, if nobody minds though.

Comments, criticism, improvement suggestens are welcome.

many thanks
Sebastian
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=141530\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

LE-Photographer

Northern Ireland
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2007, 03:29:14 pm »

I would boost the luminosity and contrast on the arch and big boulder at the right by PS to complement (but not equal) those on the left rock surface.

I wonder if another composition, or two, can dramatically improve this image. E.g. one that shows some significant details of the foreground rocks for better scale, or another that shows the arch's hole against the sky for better contrast, or a combination of both. I would be tempted to get very close to the left big rocks and on my knees/belly for such a combination. Or, yet another that shows more of the water with reflected sky colors/clouds. Under such great lighting and clouds, I would have shot quite a few frames, including some after the sun sets.

Hey Chris,

thank you for this extensive critique.
I really like your ideas that could improve the photo, unfortunately I don't have any other pictures of this scenery though.
If you would like to try editing the image your way, go ahead and let me see the result.

Thanks for everything.

Sebastian

Chris_T

Northern Ireland
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2007, 07:48:33 am »

It seems like that you DO have "other pictures of this scenery", which you posted at the Critiques forum. See my response there.

Hey Chris,

thank you for this extensive critique.
I really like your ideas that could improve the photo, unfortunately I don't have any other pictures of this scenery though.
If you would like to try editing the image your way, go ahead and let me see the result.

Thanks for everything.

Sebastian
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=142013\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Richowens

Northern Ireland
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2007, 01:59:07 pm »

Sebastian,

Here is my version of your photograph with more contrast and the midtones raised along with a little saturation boost in the grass. In other words as you displayed it everything was a little flat and blah. I also cropped out the rock on the right that I felt didn't add anything to the scene.

[attachment=3431:attachment]

Please understand this is just my opinion so take it only as an humble offering.  

Rich

PS: I'll send send you my bill services "rendered"

LE-Photographer

Northern Ireland
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2007, 07:11:00 am »

Hey Rich,

thanks for editing the photo the way you'd more like it.
But for me it seems to be a little too much contrast, the color's kinda burning in my eyes.
Thanks for offering your opinion though.

Sebastian
Pages: [1]   Go Up