Raw & Post Processing, Printing > Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks

HP Z3100 margin creep?

(1/1)

EricWil:
Hey when printing continuos prints from roll from HP Z3100 44" with white borders, the first prints margins are exact but the second to last prints margins are off buy as much as a quarter inch they shift as if the printer forgets where the paper starts at. This only occurs on the front and back margin not the side as it prints any idea how to stop this. Very annoying and ruins prints and printing one at a time waist way to much time when doing multiple prints of the same. Help!

Ernst Dinkla:

--- Quote ---Hey when printing continuos prints from roll from HP Z3100 44" with white borders, the first prints margins are exact but the second to last prints margins are off buy as much as a quarter inch they shift as if the printer forgets where the paper starts at. This only occurs on the front and back margin not the side as it prints any idea how to stop this. Very annoying and ruins prints and printing one at a time waist way to much time when doing multiple prints of the same. Help!

EricWil:
I have tried this several different ways and yes i am using qimage. I am printing a single 18x24 print on a 24 inch wide roll. I am not nesting but printing multiple single copies if that is not nesting. the front margin acutally shrinks and the back margin expands on the same size print as the first one which prints correct.

I think part of the problem maybe they are borderless prints but for some reason unless you select a hp photo paper the bordless option is disabled for margins. I am printing in a commercial proof paper similar to photo paper but not photo paper. I wish this options was available in every paper type.

Any idea if the cutter could cut canvas if it was not disabled?

namartinnz:

--- Quote ---Any idea if the cutter could cut canvas if it was not disabled?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=141249\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
--- End quote ---

Once I accidently set the paper to satin while doing a canvas print, cutter on- the print head jammed on the canvas when trying to cut it. Luckily everything was ok.

Neal

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version