(1/2) > >>

OCiliberti:
I'm thinking of buying an Eye One Photo SG Kit
Should I be also purchasing the optional UV Filter
for profiling?
Any advice would be helpful
thanks

digitaldog:
Don't need it, the software will intelligently compensate for OB's.

Scott Martin:

--- Quote ---Don't need it, the software will intelligently compensate for OB's.[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=139123\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
--- End quote ---
Of course, that depends upon what software OCiliberti will be using. While the supplied EyeOneMatch will compensate for OBs in it's perceptual rendering, many RIPs like ColorBurst still prefer a UV filtered device (even with the new LAB linearization method). Other high end packages like MonacoProfiler will prefer a UV filter as well. Personally, I see absolutely no disadvantages to profiling with a UV filter and sometimes disadvantages when profiling without one.

Just food for thought. You may not need the UV filter at all but I've seen too many people buy an unfiltered EyeOne and be frustrated later when they had to buy a second one with a UV filter. It is smart to have asked.

digitaldog:

--- Quote ---Of course, that depends upon what software OCiliberti will be using. While the supplied EyeOneMatch will compensate for OBs in it's perceptual rendering, many RIPs like ColorBurst still prefer a UV filtered device (even with the new LAB linearization method).
--- End quote ---

For relinearization but if you do everything from scratch, you can still use the non UV.

I simply don't find putting a filter on the unit effective and there are downsides. Best thing you can do is NOT use papers with OB!

This sums it up:

http://www.ppmag.com/reviews/200702_rodneycm.pdf

Scott Martin:

--- Quote ---For relinearization but if you do everything from scratch, you can still use the non UV.
--- End quote ---
It works pretty well without a UV in 5.1 but ColorBurst still recommends and prefers a UV filter. ColorBurst was just an example. Many RIPs still require a UV filtered device.

--- Quote ---Best thing you can do is NOT use papers with OB![a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=139140\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
--- End quote ---
Even some papers without OBs profile far better with a UV filter when using MonacoProfiler's 2 step method.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version