Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture Shop  (Read 3516 times)

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
Capture Shop
« on: August 23, 2007, 05:47:22 pm »

OK so its 22.30 hours here in the UK I have been on the road since 0800 hours this morning

I have shot four jobs with my NEW 54 LV camera

My little laptop is 15.ghZ and 1gig of RAM (it cant be upgraded cos the second port is faulty - a known issue that means no Lappy for 2 weeks to sort)

Yes it is a bit rubbish - but I only have it to use my one camera that is not PC friendly - more imprtantly it is fine with Eyelike software and CS2

So I am tryin to use Captureshop 5.5

It crashed about 3 times just trying to get the images off the camera

It doesnt even have a sensibvle way of resuming the download due to user interface problems to boring to mention

So I binned CS55 and used Mr Brumbaers tools to empty the camera and produce some DNGs (not a fast process)

But DNGs wont browse in Photo Mechanic so I have to use Bridge just to check sharpness - what an arse

So to general readers..

1) is there a lite DNG viewer that is fast and simple

And to Sinar heads

2) How can I get this camera to work with eyelike software

3) Why is capture shop so memory heavy

4) How the hell are you suposed to make an edit in Captureshop (in eyelike I made a second gallery and dragged the goodies into that gallery)

Grrr .. I feel like I will have to buy a new Lappy and mince about moving all the licensed software across etc - JUST TO STAY IN THE SAME PLACE

SMM
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 05:49:12 pm by Morgan_Moore »
Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
Capture Shop
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 06:36:59 pm »

Dear Morgan,

It is surprising to speak with this tone when tausends of other users are using CS 5.5 without any major crash problems. So there must be a problem somewhere, and I suspect your Mac configuration.

The first thing to be able to speak seriously about your problem is to get a profile of your Mac (System Profiler). Also, I "Crash Log" would be very helpful.

Unless I have this information from you, I won't be able to help much further here.

Thanks and best regards,
Thierry

OK so its 22.30 hours here in the UK I have been on the road since 0800 hours this morning

I have shot four jobs with my NEW 54 LV camera

My little laptop is 15.ghZ and 1gig of RAM (it cant be upgraded cos the second port is faulty - a known issue that means no Lappy for 2 weeks to sort)

Yes it is a bit rubbish - but I only have it to use my one camera that is not PC friendly - more imprtantly it is fine with Eyelike software and CS2

So I am tryin to use Captureshop 5.5

It crashed about 3 times just trying to get the images off the camera

It doesnt even have a sensibvle way of resuming the download due to user interface problems to boring to mention

So I binned CS55 and used Mr Brumbaers tools to empty the camera and produce some DNGs (not a fast process)

But DNGs wont browse in Photo Mechanic so I have to use Bridge just to check sharpness - what an arse

So to general readers..

1) is there a lite DNG viewer that is fast and simple

And to Sinar heads

2) How can I get this camera to work with eyelike software

3) Why is capture shop so memory heavy

4) How the hell are you suposed to make an edit in Captureshop (in eyelike I made a second gallery and dragged the goodies into that gallery)

Grrr .. I feel like I will have to buy a new Lappy and mince about moving all the licensed software across etc - JUST TO STAY IN THE SAME PLACE

SMM
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=135119\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
Capture Shop
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 06:39:36 pm »

Dear Morgan,

It is surprising to speak with this tone when tausends of other users are using CS 5.5 without any major crash problems. So there must be a problem somewhere, and I suspect your Mac configuration.

The first thing to be able to speak seriously about your problem is to get a profile of your Mac (System Profiler). Also, I "Crash Log" would be very helpful.

Unless I have this information from you, I won't be able to help much further here.

Thanks and best regards,
Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=135132\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Fair point.

rainer_v

• http://www.tangential.de
Capture Shop
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 06:51:33 pm »

Fair point.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=135133\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
till i got my new mbp i used a mac with 1.66ghz and 2gb memory with brumbaer tools for emotion22+33.
i think the download is as fast as it can get with firewire400 and brumbaer tools.
i also did not saw any other programm which converts faster to dng than this one.
cs 5.5 was running stable on this mac book, although i am not a cs user i cannt report too much about .
rainer viertlböck
architecture photograp

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
Capture Shop
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 07:11:07 pm »

till i got my new mbp i used a mac with 1.66ghz and 2gb memory with brumbaer tools for emotion22+33.
i think the download is as fast as it can get with firewire400 and brumbaer tools.
i also did not saw any other programm which converts faster to dng than this one.
cs 5.5 was running stable on this mac book, although i am not a cs user i cannt report too much about .
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=135135\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Burmbaer does indeed download fast and stable and convert to DNG fast

What do you do

Brum > DNG > ???

I dont really like birdge becuase it is slow to check sharpness

S

Carl Glover

• http://www.alephstudio.co.uk
Capture Shop
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2007, 08:01:27 am »

I use a 54 LV too. Much improved in the shadows over the eMotion 22, though I still work at 50ASA.

My workflow is: BRUM > DNG > ACR

I like to get into the Adobe universe as quick as possible and I'm looking forward to the firmware upgrade that gets the back outputting DNGs. Nice!

I'm not too smitten with Captureshop and prefer Mister Brumbaer's elegant substitute. It's just simpler, that's all.

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
Capture Shop
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2007, 11:08:01 am »

It's just simpler, that's all.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=135239\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Simple is good for poor machines esp

Have you calibrated your back to ACR

I am still an ACR newbie

Also how do you pick a select - do you use Bridge as a grid viewer

S

Carl Glover

• http://www.alephstudio.co.uk
Capture Shop
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2007, 11:53:08 am »

I haven't calibrated my back at all.

I just look at them in the ACR/Photoshop preview on the laptop.

So far the clients have been fine with it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up