Raw & Post Processing, Printing > Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks

IPF6100 vs Z3100

(1/8) > >>

arbito:
Greetings everyone.. first I would like to say this forum has been an invaluable resource for me in the past couple weeks and has been greatly appreciated! Hoping I will be able to provide my own personal insights particularly in the printing forum as I gain more experience.

My personal interest lies in printing, and I've been researching large format printers for about a month now. I've been able to narrow my selections to the HP z3100 and the Canon IPF6100 but before I committed to purchasing I'm really anxious to read some 'hands on' detailed reports on the Canon.

The only problem is I can't seem to find any thorough reviews of the IPF6100. I'm under the impression that it was released in July, and I'm surprised that no one has posted their personal opinions. Even though it was released a few months ago is it now just reaching the market?

These two printers both sound like excellent options. I probably can't go wrong with either of them but I'm hoping someone might be able to shed some light on the current status of the IPF6100.

By the way... I purchased and downloaded "From Camera to Print" and it was a very interesting and informative series.. well worth the money. Big thanks to Michael and Jeff.

-Jesse

John Hollenberg:
Michael stated in another thread that he will be getting an iPF6100 and posting his review/comparison with other 24 inch printers some time in September.  You are right, there aren't any real reviews of the iPF6100 yet.  I think it was released in the U.S. a few weeks before it was released in Europe, which could contribute to the delay in reviews appearing.

--John

arbito:

--- Quote ---Michael stated in another thread that he will be getting an iPF6100 and posting his review/comparison with other 24 inch printers some time in September.  You are right, there aren't any real reviews of the iPF6100 yet.  I think it was released in the U.S. a few weeks before it was released in Europe, which could contribute to the delay in reviews appearing.

--John
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=134502\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
--- End quote ---

Guess I will have to be patient and wait till then then. Thanks for info John.

joncanfield:

--- Quote ---Guess I will have to be patient and wait till then then. Thanks for info John.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=134534\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
--- End quote ---

I'm working on a review of the 6100 as well, and will compare to the Z3100 I also have. I should be done in about a week.

Jon Canfield

arbito:

--- Quote ---I'm working on a review of the 6100 as well, and will compare to the Z3100 I also have. I should be done in about a week.

Jon Canfield
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=134946\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
--- End quote ---

Jon thats awesome news! Thanks for the heads up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version