Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Low-end monitors with good colour  (Read 1814 times)

larsrc

• http://
Low-end monitors with good colour
« on: September 02, 2007, 05:43:23 am »

I'm finally getting fed up with my current monitors' shortcomings, esp. color-wise (I have a Olorin Frontline and an iMac G5 in the house).  Unfortunately, I'm on a fairly small budget (wanna buy some fine arts photos?:), so no 30" Cinema displays for me.  

I have two offers right now and would like to hear if anybody has experience with them for photo editing use.  I can get a slightly used HP F2105 for dkr 3000 (an Apple 20" Cinema is dkr 4700 in comparison), but now there's a black horse offer of a CiBox for dkr 2000.  I can read a lot of the specs for these variants, but I can't judge the colour fidelity.  I will get a hardware calibrator as well, so my question is:

With hardware calibration applied, on a scale from 0 to 10 where, quite arbitrarily, an Apple 20" Cinema display is 8, how would the HP F2105 and CiBox C2201 rate for colour fidelity?

Alternatively, pointers to actual tests of colour quality of esp. the CiBox would be welcome, or advice on other monitors in the sub-20" Cinema price range that have even better color rendition.

Thanks in advance,
-Lars
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 05:48:44 am by larsrc »
Pages: [1]   Go Up