Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Printing intent and sharpening required?  (Read 1464 times)

Box Brownie

• Engram Photography
Printing intent and sharpening required?
« on: August 10, 2007, 08:19:13 am »

Hi All

In the main I PP my images to show on the web and the mainly family photographs I get printed have the same workflow apart from working them at 300dpi. The levels adjustment, USM 'capture sharpening (LCE settings if required) and a final run of Smart Sharpening for 6x4 or 7x5 lab prints is just fine.

But now I wish to start printing out at 10x8 or larger if my resolution and >200dpi can be achieved where cropping is needed. However, I have always been under the impression that the workflow for sharpening for such 'large' prints needs to be different.

So, I would welcome any guidance & pointers on workflow in CS2 for getting "print ready" JPEGS for those size prints. As I say, rightly or wrongly it is the sharpening levels to aim for and be aware of that concern me most! Oh, I would be using a commercial lab not home inkjet printing.

In respect output intent, anyone use these 'tools' rather than working it "manually" with CS2?

The Lights Right - Pro Sharpening Java script

Focal Blade

Or indeed Qimage, though my reading of this product is that it is aimed at the inkjet user.

For the record I have recently downloaded the new "Camera to Print" series of videos but have yet to watch the lot so I am unsure whether my questions are answered in them.

TIA for any insight and advice.  
A collection of mine here http://500px.c
Pages: [1]   Go Up