Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEC 2690wuxi-CS3 Error Message  (Read 2281 times)

hubell

NEC 2690wuxi-CS3 Error Message
« on: August 02, 2007, 06:27:21 pm »

I have an NEC 2690wuxi monitor that is hardware calibrated with the Spectraview II software and a DPT-94. Each time I start PS CS3, I get an error message to the effect that there is a faulty monitor profile, and asks if I want to use it anyway. Anyone have a similar experience with a monitor? Could it have something to do with the fact that the Spectraview software stores the monitor profile in the folder with the Spectraview application and not where ICC profiles are normally stored?
Thanks.

pss

• http://www.schefz.com
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 06:54:17 pm »

are you PC or mac? this might be a stupid question, but why does your CS3 need to know about your monitor profile? in color set-up you have to choose the profile for your workspace, which should be aobe RGB or RGBpro, but not your monitor profile....all other settings are really for soft proofing......this is on a mac.....

maybe i am wrong...i have a certain color "path" set up and don't stray...as long as it works i don't mess with it....

hubell

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 09:19:51 pm »

are you PC or mac? this might be a stupid question, but why does your CS3 need to know about your monitor profile? in color set-up you have to choose the profile for your workspace, which should be aobe RGB or RGBpro, but not your monitor profile....all other settings are really for soft proofing......this is on a mac.....

maybe i am wrong...i have a certain color "path" set up and don't stray...as long as it works i don't mess with it....
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=131278\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Mac OSX 10.4, using Joseph Holmes' DCam4 as my working space. This is a wide gamut variant of ProPhoto RGB, designed specifically for digital capture. If I tell CS3 to go ahead, ignore the error message and load the profile, the screen looks fine. Weird.

Nill Toulme

• http://www.toulmephoto.com
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 10:23:44 am »

Did you try regenerating the profile?

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net
Pages: [1]   Go Up