Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Script or action for borders and signature  (Read 1978 times)

Box Brownie

• Engram Photography
Script or action for borders and signature
« on: July 22, 2007, 01:34:34 pm »

Hi All

The reason I am asking the above is because 'normally' a lab print is done bleed edge and if you are matting and framing it is all too easy lose (I think?) those edge pixels that you included in the final size thinking the compostion looked just right.

So, is there a script or action for CS2 that will allow me to select my crop to say 8x10 add a sufficiently wide border for matting but make it wide enough to drop a sig copyright line into the lower border area - the sig need not be visible in the mat but if removed for illegal copying it would be obvious it was a copyrighted image.  I suppose what would be good is to select the 'canvas size' e.g 8x10 and then drop the the image cropped or not onto it for resizing to fit within a suitably pixel reduced area to leave the border.......but I am loosing myself now in concepts I have insufficient grasp of with CS2.

I hope this makes sense and someone can either point me towards a script or action, I do wish to make the process as idiot proof as possible, or to a tutorial that will get me to making a suitable action.

I have Googled and good though I am at finding most things my 'phrase' searching is coming up poorly.

TIA
A collection of mine here http://500px.c

p.tinson

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 02:42:37 pm »

After getting your image to its print size, you can just go to image/canvas size  if you check the relative box and set up the height and width to give you the borders you want, have the anchor in the center, if height and width are equal, you will add an even border all round.
I use this method with an added step of adding an extra size of the border at the botom by again using the image/canvas size and with relative checked set the height to half used in the all round border and set the anchor to top centre.
Peter

Alaska

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 04:25:33 pm »

Check out the below action site if you have not been there yet.  Perhaps you can take an existing action and modify it for your use.  There are a lot of other sites, some with free actions and others requiring payment.

http://www.atncentral.com/

Jim
Pages: [1]   Go Up