Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PhotoAcute Studio  (Read 3515 times)

Marsupilami

PhotoAcute Studio
« on: May 04, 2007, 05:17:59 pm »

Hello !

Just stumbled over that software and in Demo mode it seems to produce files which are cleaner and with higher resolution. But as you cant save the files with the trial  version and the full version is 119 $ I would like to know if anybody is using this software and what he is thinking of it.

Thanks !

Christian

Canoeist

PhotoAcute Studio
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 10:01:54 pm »

Hello !

Just stumbled over that software and in Demo mode it seems to produce files which are cleaner and with higher resolution. But as you cant save the files with the trial  version and the full version is 119 $ I would like to know if anybody is using this software and what he is thinking of it.

Thanks !

Christian
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=115736\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Christian;

A point to note is that with version v2_12, RAW files have to be converted to DNG with the free Adobe converter before entry into PhotoAcute and then output from PhotoAcute is only as Linear DNG. Apparently there are only a couple of (expensive) converters which will input Linear DNG. PhotoAcute will also process JPG files and output them as JPG.

I found the results to be quite impressive - both for noise reduction and increased resolution.

I received a free license for a Canon S45 by creating and sending a number of files to PhotoAcute to enable them to add the S45 to their list of supported cameras.

Version v2_50 has been released. I understand files can be saved with this version.

Canoeist

MichaelEzra

• https://www.michaelezra.com
PhotoAcute Studio
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 09:44:16 am »

I received a free license for a Canon S45 by creating and sending a number of files to PhotoAcute to enable them to add the S45 to their list of supported cameras.

Could you please provide more information on how this can be arranged with PhotoAcute? I have a few cameras that they don't support yet and am interested in the software.
Thanks,
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 09:44:33 am by MichaelEzra »

Canoeist

PhotoAcute Studio
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 04:56:18 pm »

Could you please provide more information on how this can be arranged with PhotoAcute? I have a few cameras that they don't support yet and am interested in the software.
Thanks,
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=125585\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Michael;

Try this photoacute page regarding new cameras - www.photoacute.com/studio/newcamera.html

It involves taking a series of pictures of a target (which is available for download from PhotoAcute) and uploading the files to PhotoAcute. I found it necessary to use ftp to transfer the many large files. Or you can use yousendit (www.yousendit.com).

Good luck if you try it.

Canoeist

MichaelEzra

• https://www.michaelezra.com
PhotoAcute Studio
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 08:53:08 am »

Canoeist, Thanks, I will give it a try;)!
Pages: [1]   Go Up