Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3800 and LR  (Read 2157 times)

vandevanterSH

3800 and LR
« on: June 22, 2007, 08:57:01 pm »

I got my 3800 about six weeks ago, about 12 hours before going out of town for 5 weeks.  I couldn't stand looking at the box so I set it up and ran some test prints.  5 weeks later, it works perfectly, no clogs. This has nothing to do with my problem.

The problem that I am having is that with printer color off and using LR for color management, my prints are much darker than the display.  I have a Cinema 30 HD calibrated with eye-one.  My prints are much better using managed by printer color management.  I am using premium Luster paper.  I am obviously doing something wrong but my research has not helped. I am a new self printer and new at digital imaging better than auto-j-peg and Wal-mart processing.

Steve

madmanchan

• Web
3800 and LR
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 08:29:16 pm »

When you are using LR for color management in printing, are you making sure to select the appropriate printer profile for Premium Luster? (Pro38 PLPP)
Eric Chan

vandevanterSH

3800 and LR
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2007, 09:40:49 pm »

Thanks Eric, that solved the problem. I knew the problem was due to ignorance and had a simple solution but I couldn't  identify which ignorance it was.  

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up