Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ipf5000, a Mac and Elements 3  (Read 2334 times)

Deep

ipf5000, a Mac and Elements 3
« on: June 22, 2007, 04:25:39 am »

I am seriously considering getting the Canon ipf5000.  I've done lots of research and even got to print off a couple of my files on one and it seems like the best printer for my use, apart from the high purchase price here in New Zealand.

There is just one little worry I have.  In the spec sheet, it says the driver works on a Mac, as does the Photoshop plug-in, except the plug-in says nothing about running on Elements at all.  I don't have any need for CS as my tweaked version of Elements does everything I need and quite a bit more and I am not prepared to pay for the full version at the moment.  The other Canon software is apparently Windows only.  I can live with that.  Oddly, my current printer is a Canon and the software is Mac-friendly (not that I use it at all!).

My questions are:  Will the plugin work with PSE3?  And, if not, what would I miss out on?  Finally, has anyone used this printer with Lightroom?

Thanks in advance,

Don.
Don

JBillings

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 08:08:06 pm »

I am seriously considering getting the Canon ipf5000.  I've done lots of research and even got to print off a couple of my files on one and it seems like the best printer for my use, apart from the high purchase price here in New Zealand.

There is just one little worry I have.  In the spec sheet, it says the driver works on a Mac, as does the Photoshop plug-in, except the plug-in says nothing about running on Elements at all.  I don't have any need for CS as my tweaked version of Elements does everything I need and quite a bit more and I am not prepared to pay for the full version at the moment.  The other Canon software is apparently Windows only.  I can live with that.  Oddly, my current printer is a Canon and the software is Mac-friendly (not that I use it at all!).

My questions are:  Will the plugin work with PSE3?  And, if not, what would I miss out on?  Finally, has anyone used this printer with Lightroom?

Thanks in advance,

Don.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You might check out the 5000 wiki    [a href=\"http://canonipf5000.wikispaces.com/]http://canonipf5000.wikispaces.com/[/url]

You should be able to get an answer there.

Deep

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 02:31:33 am »

You might check out the 5000 wiki    http://canonipf5000.wikispaces.com/

You should be able to get an answer there.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=124702\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Useful link, thanks.  Turns out that no, the plugin does not work with Elements, but that might not be a bad thing!

I am still sitting on the fence!  Just wish the costs were all that bit lower...

Don.
Don

mkress65

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 01:19:48 pm »

I've used both the plug in and printed from Qimage (which does not use the plug in) and I can't really see much difference.  I'm sure those w/ more talent for discerning the differences would be able to tell you what to look for, but I can't really tell the difference.  If you have the chance to print off a couple more files, why not try printing the same file thru the plugin and then again w/o using the plugin and see if you can tell the difference?

I really like the printer and love the results I get.  However, I'm not a pro and no one has purchased any of my prints.

Matt

I am seriously considering getting the Canon ipf5000.  I've done lots of research and even got to print off a couple of my files on one and it seems like the best printer for my use, apart from the high purchase price here in New Zealand.

There is just one little worry I have.  In the spec sheet, it says the driver works on a Mac, as does the Photoshop plug-in, except the plug-in says nothing about running on Elements at all.  I don't have any need for CS as my tweaked version of Elements does everything I need and quite a bit more and I am not prepared to pay for the full version at the moment.  The other Canon software is apparently Windows only.  I can live with that.  Oddly, my current printer is a Canon and the software is Mac-friendly (not that I use it at all!).

My questions are:  Will the plugin work with PSE3?  And, if not, what would I miss out on?  Finally, has anyone used this printer with Lightroom?

Thanks in advance,

Don.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=124314\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Pages: [1]   Go Up