Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MacBook Pro HD version--necessary??  (Read 2647 times)

mdijb

• mdiimaging.com
MacBook Pro HD version--necessary??
« on: June 09, 2007, 10:08:03 pm »

If one is planning to use a 17 mbp with a 23" lcd--the Apple Cinema display--do you need the HD version that has a 1900x1200 resolution, the same resolution as the External monitor, or would the standard laptop be adequate, even though it's monitor resolution is less.

Here is the quote form the Specs from Apple
"Dual display and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 2560 by 1600 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colors"

Does this mean I do not need the HD version of the laptop to get the best image quality on my Cinema display?  Am I interpreting this properly?

MDIJB
mdiimaging.com

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 12:15:01 am »

Buy as much resolution as your $$ will allow. The greater the difference between an external monitor's resolution and you laptop's screen, the less appealing will be your laptop! Resolution is like horsepower, the more you have experienced, the weaker the lesser will feel.

CS

Tim May

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 02:22:44 pm »

Thanks!

knweiss

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 02:32:11 pm »

Here is the quote form the Specs from Apple
"Dual display and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 2560 by 1600 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colors"

Does this mean I do not need the HD version of the laptop to get the best image quality on my Cinema display?  Am I interpreting this properly?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=121988\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Correct. Even the "low-end" 15" MacBook Pro can drive the 30" display at 2560x1600. I.e. the notebook resolution is independent of the external display resolution. All that matters is that you have a dual-link port to connect the 30" display and all MacBook Pros have it.

mdijb

• mdiimaging.com
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 03:53:32 pm »

Thanks also

MDIJB
mdiimaging.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up