Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Action to batch create Smart Object from Bridge  (Read 1357 times)

lbenac

• http://www.LucBenacPhoto.com
Action to batch create Smart Object from Bridge
« on: February 10, 2008, 12:39:54 am »

Hello,

I am an amateur with not a lot of experience with CS3.
As part of my workflow I am following the workflow from Jeff Schewe Camera raw book which uses smart object layers and mask for local toning and color control.
I also add a Smart Sharpening layer (I tried PKS but I found that with my limited abilities my output sharpening for web/monitor is as good with Smart Shrapen).
I love this workflow (thank you to the authors) but would like to create an action to prepare the multilayered smart objects from Bridge.
When I include in my action "Open as Smart Object" then all the subsequent images are created with the same ACR settings that the one used to create the action (including crop!).
WHen I include in my action "Open" only then I do not get Smart Object PSD files.
I have tried this over and over again with as many variations as possible but I am not getting anywhere.
I would love to be able to batch from Bridge a folder of images to be prepared while I am doing something else as opposed to open one by one.
Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Cheers,

Luc.
www.LucBenacPhoto.com
Luc Benac
Amateur Photos from Canada, Fr
Pages: [1]   Go Up