Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do NOT update Firmware to 5.0.0.4  (Read 7952 times)

rdonson

Do NOT update Firmware to 5.0.0.4
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2007, 09:39:30 pm »

I've come to figure out that this printer is SLOW.........when it comes to just about anything.  I'm in no hurry to do a firmware update.  Really not looking forward to it myself and really wish they'd go ahead and hammer out any fixes instead of a lot of incremental updates.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=118756\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Charles, I'm not sure what you consider SLOW about the Z3100.  

HP is in a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation with regards to updates.  Once people find a problem they get hammered to put a fix out.  Then people hammer them for putting fixes out.  Can't have it both ways.  At least they don't come out on Tuesdays with the MS patches.

Of course, if you're happy with the firmware and driver you have then its your option to sit this one out.
Regards,
Ron

DotCom Editor

Do NOT update Firmware to 5.0.0.4
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2007, 10:17:27 pm »

Update worked just fine for me; Windows XP SP2 via an Ethernet connection to the Z3100. Took about 20 minutes. I also installed some new media profiles after the firmware update. All seems to be functioning without problem. My only beef is that the printer reboots after each profile is installed. No way to install a bunch of them and then do one reboot at the end.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up