Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad H Battery Grips  (Read 6754 times)

RicAgu

Hasselblad H Battery Grips
« on: April 28, 2007, 12:56:36 pm »

I have a few of the 9.6 volt batteries.

I have been told the 9.6 volts and have read here that they do not work with Leaf backs.  

I just accidentally bought a 7.2volt extra charger.  If anyone wants to trade the 7.2 volt charger for a 9.6 volt charger, I am up for it and would pay all shipping.

What are the advantages to the 9.6 volt vs the 7.2 volt?

What does the new H3D series of bodies use?

I believe the older battery was the 9.6 and then they introduced the 7.2, can anyone clarify this?

Thanks,

R

Khun_K

• http://
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 02:06:42 pm »

I have a few of the 9.6 volt batteries.

I have been told the 9.6 volts and have read here that they do not work with Leaf backs. 

I just accidentally bought a 7.2volt extra charger.  If anyone wants to trade the 7.2 volt charger for a 9.6 volt charger, I am up for it and would pay all shipping.

What are the advantages to the 9.6 volt vs the 7.2 volt?

What does the new H3D series of bodies use?

I believe the older battery was the 9.6 and then they introduced the 7.2, can anyone clarify this?

Thanks,

R
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=114733\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I use H3D39, there are 2 type of battery grip, one is rechargeable, 7.2V another one is in fact a very nice designed, a shell with the room for 3 CR123A cells called the better grip. I was not sure if the better grip or the 7.2V will work on bodies other than H3D. The battery life seemed to be OK, can last about few hundred shots and is quite small, and not too heavy.

ixpressraf

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2007, 02:14:15 pm »

Hi, the 9.6 one is the first absolute inferior version and should be avoided when using modern digital back's. This battery is also much faster drained. Get rid of the 9.6 one and replace them by the much better 7.2 version. If you only shoot film, it is not such a big deal.

RicAgu

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2007, 08:39:06 pm »

Thanks iXpress,

I have four 9.6v batteries and use a P25 and have no problems.   They last about 300 shots per battery.

I have a 7.2 charger I bought by accident.  But I may as well keep it for when I upgrade, as I bought it for nothing.

Can you use CR123A battery grips on the H3D or only rechargeables?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 08:39:57 pm by RicAgu »

pprdigital

• http://www.phaseone.com
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2007, 06:14:57 pm »

Thanks iXpress,

I have four 9.6v batteries and use a P25 and have no problems.   They last about 300 shots per battery.

I have a 7.2 charger I bought by accident.  But I may as well keep it for when I upgrade, as I bought it for nothing.

Can you use CR123A battery grips on the H3D or only rechargeables?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=114788\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You can use the CR123 batteries, but because they (and the original 9.6V rechargable grip) were only intended to power the H1/H2 camera, when you use the CR123's on the H3D, the extra load provided by having to power the digital back component drains the CR123's very quickly.

They are not viable on an H3D except as an emergency-need-one-more-shot type of solution. That's why the voltage had to change on the re-chargable grip as well, because of the extra drain caused by the digial back component.

Steve Hendrix
Professional Photo Resources
Steve Hendrix
[url=http://www.phaseone.c

Khun_K

• http://
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2007, 07:41:51 am »

You can use the CR123 batteries, but because they (and the original 9.6V rechargable grip) were only intended to power the H1/H2 camera, when you use the CR123's on the H3D, the extra load provided by having to power the digital back component drains the CR123's very quickly.

They are not viable on an H3D except as an emergency-need-one-more-shot type of solution. That's why the voltage had to change on the re-chargable grip as well, because of the extra drain caused by the digial back component.

Steve Hendrix
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=114919\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Yes, the Better Grip is indeed workable with H3D39 but it can deplete 3 CR123 cells rather quickly, but when you have nothing, keeping a handful of CR123 cells as emergency back up is not a bad idea.

hubell

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2007, 03:40:00 pm »

Steve Hendrix
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=114919\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Steve:
Not sure why, but it has been reported by one H3D user that the grip with the CR123s is much more reliable in sub-freezing weather than the 7.2 rechargeable grip. I have used the 7.2 in very cold weather(5-10 F), but only for 30-45 minutes at a time, and did not have a problem.

ivokwee

• http://www.fotoclublugano.com/~ivo/portfolio
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2007, 05:47:36 pm »

Can you use the new 7.4V grip on an non-modified H1? Or does it need to be upgrade to H2 specs?

I've seen some rechargeable CR123 on the market. Has anyone experience with this in the Better Grip? They are stated to rate about 700 mAh.

Thanks,

Ivo
Pages: [1]   Go Up