Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do You Search in Bridge?  (Read 2606 times)

OutsideShooter

How do You Search in Bridge?
« on: April 07, 2007, 04:29:14 pm »

My question is How do you Organize & then Search for specific files? I don't even know the command, if there is one for locating a folder or a file. What I do is keep the images while downloading in numeric order as I move from camera card to PC. Then later as I go through files I Trash what I don't like & ignore what I do like. Also if I find a particularly nice image I might open it as a Raw & rename, keeping the IMG_9892 number & add a name.TIFF, or JPG or Save for Web.

But exactly how does one search for a file? I cannot possibly remember a name or a number exactly. Then too is it possible to create a New Folder under the Favorites Tab? I see Collections, but all that's inside are two (2) Cache (bc & bct files). Or how does one move favorite files to a new folder?

My aim this morning when I started Bridge was to pull together all of my photos destined to be in a "For Sale Print Folder", so when I get a call from the shop owners I can quickly locate the prints which are selling out & reprint to restock their stores. It's Noon & I haven't managed to get anything done.

Many Thanks
[url=http://outsideshooter.imagekind.com

pminicucci

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 04:56:16 pm »

Search is pretty robust in Bridge. Look in the Edit menu for "Find". You can setup whatever criteria you need.
Best,
Pat

OutsideShooter

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 05:33:02 pm »

Search is pretty robust in Bridge. Look in the Edit menu for "Find". You can setup whatever criteria you need.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=111204\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

OK IT WORKED. great I have learned how. Thank you pminicucci.

Thanks pminicucci, but when I followed your suggestion, I got no results. Let me detail exactly how I did this. Edit>Find, well I can't explain as Bridge has for the first time ever frozen. Odd that would happen. I did 3 searches & basically typed in the word "bee". I happen to have a photo entitled BeeonLupine & each of 3 times it returned No Results then come to find out it is now in a state of Suspended Fractualization, for lack of a better term. I will have to shut down my PC, which I have not had to do using Bridge before. And I don't think this is because of your suggestion as I have been experiencing a problem recently in Bridge in that as I move from thumbnail to thumbnail Bridge suddenly turns gray. Someone told me it was because I had set memory usage to 75% to CS2 but have since dropped that to 60% yet it still occurs.

But I am puzzled by No Results, using the term 'contains' & when I look at Task manager it appears to be running & no matter how many times I choose 'End Task' it just makes a clumsy bonking bell sound. Oh well I'll be back. And thanks again, I'm sure it will work at some point.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 05:46:37 pm by OutsideShooter »

matt4626

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2007, 05:15:21 pm »

IMHO Bridge answered a question no one asked. I find it much slower than the older PS file browser.

OutsideShooter

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2007, 10:35:24 pm »

IMHO Bridge answered a question no one asked. I find it much slower than the older PS file browser.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=112397\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks Matt3626

I wonder also about the orphaned files I keep running across in the wrong folders. What is the cause of such misappropriating? Quite often I run across a file belonging to another folder. I ask what is the point of organizing if this keeps happening?

Does anyone else have this problem?

And then there's the graying out & files being unselectable until I move the cursor outside the window app & then when I move back inside thumbnails are again highlightable. Anyone else?
Pages: [1]   Go Up