Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fine stripes in print from W6400  (Read 2042 times)

LBaldwin

Fine stripes in print from W6400
« on: February 04, 2007, 02:56:14 am »

Hi All,

I finally got the w6400 printer up and running after a few fits and starts. I have made a few prints that I think are pretty darn good for a
beginner in LF printing. But I noticed small lines in the prints that look as if it had pinstripes. Now from a few feet away they are nearly impossible
to see, but when I had this with my 17" printer it was usually due to the rez of the print. Anything over 300 seemed to do this.

Any help would be most apprecitated.

BTW the folks at Canon tech support have been great in helping me get this monster set up. I could not imageine what a 44 or 60 would look like...

Thanks in advance,

Les Baldwin
Foto/SFX

johnadrian71

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 05:08:35 am »

I'm sorry I don't have an answer to your question, but I am on the verge of buying one of these machines - would you recommend it, (bar the lines issue - have you resolved it yet?)

Darrill

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 10:39:26 am »

Hi, I have the W6400 and have never experienced your problem. But I am planning to sell mine so if anyone is interested please contact me. I shall be listing it after the spring break.
Darrill

LBaldwin

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2007, 01:14:30 am »

Hi All,

I actually solved the problem by reading an article in Shutterbug by Jon Canfield
go here
http://shutterbug.com/techniques/digital_d...put/index1.html

With that one article, he saved me loads of time and frustration..

I hope this helps,

Les
Pages: [1]   Go Up