Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Face Texture & Sharpness !!! How was it done?  (Read 2571 times)

Kika Livno

• http://
Face Texture & Sharpness !!! How was it done?
« on: March 05, 2007, 10:20:44 am »

New AD for Sigma features two images that I would like to possibly decode how was it done, because to me they don't look manipulated & processed much through Photoshop but rather planning and the equipment maybe not even Sigma Camera but other perhaps better lenses and bigger chip or at the very end maybe Sigma with Genuine Fractals enhancement.

Here is the Link - It will show the face/eyes as a first picture and face/Lips as a second. If you go through the website and visit the examples gallery clearly there is not enough details in those images as there are enough texture on the AD it self. If you pay attention on the skin texture and the hair on the eyebrows is nicely divided there is something very appealing and the skin especially doesn't look like it was textured in Photoshop or Cloned because of the way skin brakes, perhaps some of the hair on the eyebrows were cloned and positioned for more appealing look.

Link ? http://www.sigma-sd14.com/feature/index.html

Your Opinion/Advise/Thoughts are welcome!!!

PS: I realize it was sharpened selectively but there is not much noise so I thought maybe original image was enlarged to preserve more details using Genuine Fractals enhancement and therefore leaving the impression of the bigger more advanced chip, or maybe not? It would be nice to hear what others think how was it done?

Best regards
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 10:47:28 am by Kika Livno »
[span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:

KAP

• http://www.kevinallenphotography.co.uk
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 02:05:01 pm »

New AD for Sigma features two images that I would like to possibly decode how was it done, because to me they don't look manipulated & processed much through Photoshop but rather planning and the equipment maybe not even Sigma Camera but other perhaps better lenses and bigger chip or at the very end maybe Sigma with Genuine Fractals enhancement.

Here is the Link - It will show the face/eyes as a first picture and face/Lips as a second. If you go through the website and visit the examples gallery clearly there is not enough details in those images as there are enough texture on the AD it self. If you pay attention on the skin texture and the hair on the eyebrows is nicely divided there is something very appealing and the skin especially doesn't look like it was textured in Photoshop or Cloned because of the way skin brakes, perhaps some of the hair on the eyebrows were cloned and positioned for more appealing look.

Link ? http://www.sigma-sd14.com/feature/index.html

Your Opinion/Advise/Thoughts are welcome!!!

PS: I realize it was sharpened selectively but there is not much noise so I thought maybe original image was enlarged to preserve more details using Genuine Fractals enhancement and therefore leaving the impression of the bigger more advanced chip, or maybe not? It would be nice to hear what others think how was it done?

Best regards
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=104792\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I saw some prints from it at the NEC last week, they were impressive fashion head shots. What I find odd is that they are not on the site for download, the stuff that is there isn't anything to shout about. I know a photographer who had to shoot for a camera company, they had to show how good the P&S was in low natural light. It was shot in the studio with the help of a few thousand j's of flash light and on a completely different camera. The results were used in mags etc telling potential customers you can get results like this.
Try one when you can, at least then you can be shure you are decoding what you think you are.

Khun_K

• http://
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 08:15:12 am »

I saw some prints from it at the NEC last week, they were impressive fashion head shots. What I find odd is that they are not on the site for download, the stuff that is there isn't anything to shout about. I know a photographer who had to shoot for a camera company, they had to show how good the P&S was in low natural light. It was shot in the studio with the help of a few thousand j's of flash light and on a completely different camera. The results were used in mags etc telling potential customers you can get results like this.
Try one when you can, at least then you can be shure you are decoding what you think you are.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=104837\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I would rather to beleive for major brand such as Sigma and an important camera for them, the picture was indeed from the camera they advertised. With control lighting and good focus and lens at optimzed aperture, it is perfectly possible to achieve the quality appeared on their webpage. Sigma can only shoot raw so that gives a little extra edge as they can process the image they way they like but if SD14 can shoot jpeg, I will not surprise a jpeg directly out of SD14 can be that good, after all, it is ratively s small picture on the webpage and at 72dpi. And for the same matter, I will not surprise the other brand of competible resolution can do just as good. For controled lighting, all the cameras tend to work good, it was poor lighting, harsh lighting to test their true temper.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 08:17:20 am by Khun_K »
Pages: [1]   Go Up