Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 5D and MacBook Pro  (Read 6921 times)

meierruedi@hotmail.com

5D and MacBook Pro
« on: February 15, 2007, 02:49:59 pm »

Dear all
Is there any chance of not having to buy CaptureOne? I did some tethering with my nonIntelMac and the Canon EOS Utility (EOS capture to get the connection but watching in Bridge). Worked but not very stable...
Canon states on their website that this software won't work with the IntelMacs. So do I have to buy CaptureOne? Would annoy me because my normal workflow is based on Bridge/ACR/PS. Not another software to get used to....please....

francois

5D and MacBook Pro
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 03:04:37 pm »

Dear all
Is there any chance of not having to buy CaptureOne? I did some tethering with my nonIntelMac and the Canon EOS Utility (EOS capture to get the connection but watching in Bridge). Worked but not very stable...
Canon states on their website that this software won't work with the IntelMacs. So do I have to buy CaptureOne? Would annoy me because my normal workflow is based on Bridge/ACR/PS. Not another software to get used to....please....
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I don't have a 5D but I remember having read in PhaseOne forums that there's some connectivity issues with Intel based Macs. I have a slow and unreliable connection to the Internet tonight, I can't search for you. Check out [a href=\"http://forum.phaseone.com/]Phase One user-to-user forum[/url]. Perhaps I was just suffering from brain fade? Try to download the trial version to see if connection is reliable. $500 for CaptureOne Pro is not cheap.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 03:06:55 pm by francois »
Francois

Kirk Gittings

• http://www.KirkGittings.com
5D and MacBook Pro
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 08:41:17 pm »

I did some tethering with my nonIntelMac and the Canon EOS Utility (EOS capture to get the connection but watching in Bridge).

I suppose this will be fixed by a software update. The question is how long will this take? I have a Macbook Pro on order. i suppose I will have to hang on to my Powerbook till they get this fixed?
Thanks,
Kirk Gittings

francois

5D and MacBook Pro
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 05:46:34 am »

It looks like CaptureOne won't solve the connection issue with the 5D, so this is  good news for your wallet. Read this thread on PhaseOne forums.
Francois

meierruedi@hotmail.com

5D and MacBook Pro
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2007, 06:26:31 am »

Just got my MacBookPro, installed the Canon utilities, upgraded to the newest version (EOS utility 1.1.1 and ImageBrowser 5.7.2) and everything runs smoothly:
I watch the ImageBrowser folder via AdobeBridge and use the Canon Software only for the connection.
Nice! No need for CaptureOne yet....
Pages: [1]   Go Up