Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP Z3100 Review  (Read 4940 times)

markgoldstein

HP Z3100 Review
« on: February 08, 2007, 08:20:20 am »

Just wanted to let everyone know that we've recently reviewed the HP Z3100.

http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews_hp_z3100.php

Recked

HP Z3100 Review
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 11:40:25 am »

I certainly hope it is as good since I just leased one which is to be delivered in a few days!!!

I have to say that this whole moving from film to digital just recently has made me drop more hair then my wife ever has!!!!!!!!!!

Keeping my fingers crossed on this printer though my experience with HP as a company has been very good over the years.

Jim Cole

• Jim Cole Photography
HP Z3100 Review
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 11:58:51 am »

Recked,

I am investigating leasing a 44" Z3100 as soon as possible. I have already submitted a lease application to HP but they have no printers in stock and no ETA.

Do you mind me asking who you leased your Z printer through?

Thanks,
Jim
Jim Cole
Flagstaff, AZ www.jimcolephoto.

Recked

HP Z3100 Review
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 12:19:46 pm »

Hi Jim,

I previously have had leases with HP for a couple servers and a workstation. I went online and clicked Buy (the 24 inch printer) and was given a date of February 13, 2007 for shipping. When you Buy it allows you to set up leasing at the same time which I did then simply called the person I have dealth with previously with HF Financial and they reviewed the order and did their approval thing.

That easy though I have yet to get a confirmed ship date! Surprises are always the last to come though arent' they...............

Jim Cole

• Jim Cole Photography
HP Z3100 Review
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 12:24:51 pm »

Hi again,

Thanks for the quick reply. Although I emailed the completed application to the sales agent, he said he could not process the app yet because there were no printers to sell. I asked that since they knew what they sold the printers for, why couldn't they go ahead and process the app so all was ready when the printers arrived. He said that he couldn't, but that he would check daily to see when the printers arrived and then give me a call. Interesting.

I guess I'll play the waiting game. They do have the best lease rates I've found so far.

Jim
Jim Cole

Recked

HP Z3100 Review
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2007, 12:29:25 pm »

Wondering why I got the ship date........

one the phone with HP Financial now and I guess they have more 24 inch Z3100's then the 44 inch models since I will be getting the lease documents shortly and once signed they will be RELEASING THE PRINTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a bit excited it would seem.................

good luck Jim

Jim Cole

• Jim Cole Photography
HP Z3100 Review
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2007, 12:54:57 pm »

Good luck! Hope it meets your expectations. From everything I've read here, it would seem to be a very good possibility. I imagine that these printers are manufactured here in the US (hopefully) so one would thing they would have a handle on delivery. If they are manufactured overseas, then I understand.

Anyway I wish us both, patience, patience, patience....

Jim
Jim Cole

Recked

HP Z3100 Review
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2007, 12:59:21 pm »

and now even better news........

I was just forwarded an email from a good photographer friend that says Colorbyte Software will have a new RIP for the Z3100 in a month or two!!!!

As I have used their rips before with a couple other Epson printers this makes me very happy. I will have time to learn the printer then the rip will arrive and all will be right with the world!

Jim Cole

• Jim Cole Photography
HP Z3100 Review
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2007, 01:06:19 pm »

ImagePrint was demonstrating the beta Z3100 RIP at the HP booth at the Imaging Expo in San Antonio a couple of weeks ago and the rep stated that he expected the software to be available in 30-60 days.

Since I do not do production work except for myself, I am hoping thet the HP driver will be sufficient for my needs.

Jim
Jim Cole

Recked

HP Z3100 Review
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2007, 01:11:07 pm »

Jim,

I can't speak as an expert, but with my Epson 2200 and 4800 I always felt both the colour and B&W prints using ImagePrint were better. I imagine it is a combination of both their rip and their paper profiles, but they always looked better then what the Epson driver could produce. I can't comment on HP drivers as this will be the first HP printer I will have.

I don't do a ton of production printing, but I want the very best output I can get so I will likely go with the new rip when it is released. Pricing is to be 1495.00 for the 24 inch and 2495.00 for the 44 I seem to recall. Pricey, but in my feeble mind worth it.

just my two cents..............

chris anderson

HP Z3100 Review
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2007, 01:26:47 pm »

how expensive is the 44" lease?

Jim Cole

• Jim Cole Photography
HP Z3100 Review
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2007, 01:40:13 pm »

Chris,

Go to the following link at HP financing:

http://h71016.www7.hp.com/html/infodesk/le...rn_more_leasing

then go down to the bottom of the page under Learn More, I think and select the first option which is their lease calculator. I think the best deal is the $1 buyout option. It is, by far, the best rate I've found, even having to pay the sales tax which I can avoid thru other dealers.

Jim
Jim Cole
Pages: [1]   Go Up