Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why do you love taking pictures?  (Read 22105 times)

peterbatpbasedotcom

Why do you love taking pictures?
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2007, 03:47:12 pm »

Naturally I'm glad to produce pleasing images.

An unexpected benefit is that I'm now able to identify
 an appealing composition whether I have my camera
with me or not.  

In other words, my hobby has enabled me to better
appreciate the beauty and interest of my world.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 07:11:43 pm by peterbatpbasedotcom »

framah

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2007, 03:23:27 pm »

When my brain is switched over to the good side, I'm seeing the world around me differently than when I'm my usual busy self. During that time, as another said, my heart is open to the beauty in the world.
As much as I see beautiful vistas and such I also see patterns and shapes in those vistas. I think these are what originally draw me to the image in the first place. I have a shot of 2 polar bears jawing that even as it is a really great shot, the line of light along their collective backs sweeps thru the image and is what I saw in the viewfinder and is why I pushed the button.  I get shivers when I see it and more so when I know I got it in the camera!
So, I guess when I shoot, I am seeing these patterns and I really want to show other people what I saw in that instant and the absolute beauty of it all.

Or, it could have been all the acid I took in College!!  
"It took a  lifetime of suffering and personal sacrifice to develop my keen aesthetic sense."

MikeMike

• http://
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2007, 03:48:51 pm »

i like it because our lives pas so quickly before our eyes and the camera alows us to capture that milisecond and keep it with us forever. deep? lol
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up