Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: weird problem with r2400  (Read 4680 times)

abaazov

• http://
weird problem with r2400
« on: January 23, 2007, 07:19:13 am »

let me start by saying i have had almost no problems with the r2400 for the past year and a half. yesterday my mom asked me to make 6 copies of a particular picture. i made four copies, all identical, and all incredibly close to my screen image, literally four perfect copies. after the fourth copy, i needed to change a couple ink cartridges, namely light magenta and yellow. after i changed the ink cartridges, the fifth copy had a noticeable pinkish hue to it. i checked all the settings, did another copy, same problem. ditto for copies seven and eight. i did a head cleaning, and copy nine was as bad as the four previous ones. i gave up.
i am wondering if anyone has ever had this problem, and what you guys think might be the actual problem. all i changed were two ink cartridges. for the first time in a long time, my r2400 is making me lose sleep.
just to note, the paper was the same for all nine prints, premium luster, and the ink is genuien epson ink.
any ideas are more than welcome.
TIA
amnon

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
weird problem with r2400
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 07:32:24 am »

let me start by saying i have had almost no problems with the r2400 for the past year and a half. yesterday my mom asked me to make 6 copies of a particular picture. i made four copies, all identical, and all incredibly close to my screen image, literally four perfect copies. after the fourth copy, i needed to change a couple ink cartridges, namely light magenta and yellow. after i changed the ink cartridges, the fifth copy had a noticeable pinkish hue to it. i checked all the settings, did another copy, same problem. ditto for copies seven and eight. i did a head cleaning, and copy nine was as bad as the four previous ones. i gave up.
i am wondering if anyone has ever had this problem, and what you guys think might be the actual problem. all i changed were two ink cartridges. for the first time in a long time, my r2400 is making me lose sleep.
just to note, the paper was the same for all nine prints, premium luster, and the ink is genuien epson ink.
any ideas are more than welcome.
TIA
amnon
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=97145\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Bad ink cartridges. Get in touch with Epson, I would bet that they will ask you where you got them, and will send you some spares for free.

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

Lisa Nikodym

• http://www.stanford.edu/~melkor/lisa_pictures/lisa_pictures.html
weird problem with r2400
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 05:36:46 pm »

Umm, it's probably obvious, but, just in case it hasn't happened to occur to you...

Are you sure that the new cartridges you put in were the colors you thought they were, and that you didn't get them switched?  Have you opened the top to double-check that the cartridges are the correct colors in the correct slots?  If you put in two magentas or got the magenta & yellow switched, it could cause the prints to look pinkish.

Lisa
[url=http://www.stanford.edu/~melkor/lis

abaazov

weird problem with r2400
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 06:48:27 pm »

yes i did check lisa, and no the cartridges were not mixed up. i called epson, on edmund's suggestion, and after checking to make sure the cartridges were genuine epson, i was told to do a head cleaning. after the head cleaning i was told to print the test page. all the lines and all the colors look fine....except the yellow. the yellow is so faint, you can barely make out what the forms are. i was told to do more head cleanings. well, after three head cleanings, still same problem....all the colors and lines are fine, except yellow, it is almost too faint to even tell it is on the paper.
anybody have any other ideas? should i continue with the head cleanings? is there a clog in the yellow ink tub? i figure after three head cleanings, a fourth or fifth one wont make a difference. am i wrong? has anyone else ever had this problem, where one ink in particular is very faint? should i try another yellow ink cartridge? should i get the printer serviced??? (i hope not!!!!)
TIA
amnon

Richowens

weird problem with r2400
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 07:04:38 pm »

Amnon

It is normal for the yellow to be very faint on a nozzle check. I have to get a loupe to check the lines when I print one.

Perhaps a silly question, but did you shake the cartridges well before install?

Grasping at straws,  

Rich

abaazov

weird problem with r2400
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 10:46:38 pm »

yes i did Rich...wish i had more straws to grasp...

capecodfish

weird problem with r2400
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2007, 04:13:36 pm »

you've put so much effort into this, you might as well try another yellow cart and several more head cleanings.  i have had clogs that have taken waaaay too many cleanings to clean out...and just out of curiosity, have you printed a photo under the current conditions (all checking out except light yellow on the nozzle check)?  might be worth a test.

pwitter1

weird problem with r2400
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2007, 04:01:45 pm »

Can someone tell me how they store opened matte black cartridges inbetween printing to stop from drying out?

Thanks
Pat Witter

Bad ink cartridges. Get in touch with Epson, I would bet that they will ask you where you got them, and will send you some spares for free.

Edmund
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=97146\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Richowens

weird problem with r2400
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2007, 04:13:08 pm »

Hi Pat,

Either put a piece of scotch tape over the opening or wrap it in a piece of paper towel and put it in a ziploc baggie. Make sure you remove the tape before reinstalling. I use the second method.

I have kept photo black this way for over 6 months and works perfectly when installed.

Rich
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 04:14:43 pm by Richowens »

Richowens

weird problem with r2400
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2007, 04:17:30 pm »

Amnon,

What did you ever find concerning the problem which prompted this thread?

My curiosity is up.

Rich
Pages: [1]   Go Up