Raw & Post Processing, Printing > Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks

Scanning identical profile targets in both HP Color Center and APS?

(1/1)

Kyle D Jackson:

Hi all, I'm doing some tests on my HP Z3200ps and Z3100PS and trying to find a way to scan identical profile targets with both printers, but they use different software.

For the Z3200 I can scan both built-in and custom targets using HP Color Center, but I can't use it for the Z3100.

For both printers I can scan both built-in and custom targets using HP APS software. So APS is the only software I can use for both printers.

But I also want to compare the scanning between both HP CC and APS on the same printer (Z3200). Unfortunately I can't get identical targets from both software.

A 1728-patch target I generate in HP CC is formatted slightly differently than one generated in HP APS. The latter has 1 less patch per row, so a slightly longer sheet. As a result I can't scan HP CC's printed target with HP APS, and vice versa.

I tried using both targets, but when I compared the scan results (using Argyll colverify tool) I found massive differences between HP CC and APS (like avg deltaE 4+ and max deltaE 12+), so I'm not even sure that they are printing the colour patches the same.

Anybody found a way to use identical targets in both HP Colour Centre and APS?

Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version