Raw & Post Processing, Printing > Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks

WANTED: HP Z3100 / Z3200 drivers for Windows

(1/2) > >>

Kyle D Jackson:

Edit: I'm updating my request to include *any* Z3200 model, plus the Z3100, plus any version of Windows. (And I'm tempted to open it up to any Z-series printer... Z2100, Z5400, Z6200...) See details...

Hey all, after finally getting a rescued HP Z3200ps (Rev B) running (spent a lot of money on heads/ink), I'm disappointed I can't actually use it because of the poor "V4" drivers currently available for Windows. They're not specific Z3200 drivers, they're "universal" drivers for pretty much all DesignJet printers. Many features of legacy drivers are missing. The most notable is bidirectional communication support isn't available, so the printer can't send info to the PC. This means HP Color Center doesn't work (can't send/sync ICC profiles from printer to PC), can't control HP Utility Alerts, can't see loaded paper info, etc, etc. It's basically acting like little more than a dumb desktop printer.

Anyone have older drivers than V4 they could share please?

Specifically I use:
- PCL3 raster driver
- 24 inch Z3200 (it's the PS-version but I think the raster driver is the same for both models)
- for 64-bit Windows
but driver files for any model Z3200 / Z3100 / Windows version could help me (and maybe other HP printers as well...).

If you think you can help, please let me know what driver/version you have. (BTW, the 61.YY... version number format indicates the driver year YY.)

If it matters, I'm currently stuck with V4 raster driver version 61.2313.0.100 (a "2023" driver released 29 Jan 2024) because it's the only one I can find on HP's support site. (Edit: updated posted below.)

Wondering about also building a collection of these historical driver versions someday and finding a way to make them available online somewhere for everyone to access... (If this already exists somewhere please let me know!)

Many thanks!!

Kyle D Jackson:
Hi, just mentioning that I'm still looking for these drivers if anyone has any to share please!

Also I'm updating my request to include *any* Z3200 model, plus the Z3100, plus any version of Windows. (And I'm tempted to open it up to any Z-series printer... Z2100, Z5400, Z6200...)

This is safer because some driver download files are for a specific printer/OS combination, while others include many. So even if you have a completely different printer model, you could still have a driver download file that could help me.

I did find an installation CD here buried among some ink cartridges from the previous owner, so using that helped fix some issues. (The CD installs an HP "print monitor", which I think is a key part in the bidirectional comms needed for HP Utility, Colour Centre, etc. to work correctly.) It had a 2010 driver (61.101.362.21).

I then found some older drivers using the Windows Update Catalogue, but it doesn't have all of HP's driver versions. In addition to 2010 and 2011 versions, the "newest" I could find that mostly works so far is from 2012 (61.121.362.41). Then there is a huge gap to one in 2018 (61.183.21507.100), but that one doesn't behave well. After that is only 2020 and later, which are the much-detested "V4 / universal" drivers.

I've seen several other driver versions mentioned here on LuLa, so I know there are more out there...

Thanks!

aaronleitz:
I don't anything about any of this and don't know about the quality/authenticity of the links but check this website out:

https://treexy.com/products/driver-fusion/database/printers/hewlett-packard-hp/

Here's a page specifically for the 24in Z3200ps:

https://treexy.com/products/driver-fusion/database/printers/hewlett-packard-hp/designjet-z3200ps-24in-photo/

Kyle D Jackson:

Hi Aaron, thanks for that. Yes there are a number of these random sites out there, always have to tread cautiously...

FWIW tho I took a look... It seems like it's listing only relatively recent drivers (the "V4" drivers). Since these are already available directly on HP's website and/or through Windows Update, I'm not sure why anyone would want to risk trying them from a 3rd-party site like this one (which then always brings up the site's motives...). In any case, none of the listed drivers are old enough for what I'm looking for, which seems to be 2019-ish and earlier.

It was worth a shot tho, so thanks for sharing that. I think the best source at the moment remains other Z-series users. Unfortunately it seems like they all died off here on LuLa in the past couple years (I mean that only figuratively!), as it seems like it's just me and the tumbleweeds here lately. I don't know if that's just a sign of the Z-series being such an old discontinued line (with dwindling supplies), or the decline of print usage in general, or maybe declining LuLa users. Unfortunately I wasn't around enough in the past and maybe I missed the "golden age"  :-\

Cheers

GST:
guess I could share a bunch of different pre-V4 drivers to help you out.
You have some upload space?

cu

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version