Raw & Post Processing, Printing > Adobe Lightroom Q&A

possible solution for computer crashes on lightrooms AI noise reduction

(1/1)

kers:
My computer had a serious problem with LR noise reduction in the sense that after about 10 images the computer simply crashed and restarted.

At the moment i have solved it.

solution :
the Noise reduction is a 2 step process  1about RAW detail and  2 the actual noise reduction.
by splitting the process up in two i have no crashes anymore.

degrub:
could be 1) running out of memory - GPU or CPU, 2) bad memory chip on either
can you monitor memory usage of both/either ?

Redcrown:
No crashes for me, but I have noticed that Denoise slows down dramatically after processing about 10 images. Simply closing and relaunching the programs solves the problem. This on Windows 11 using current versions of Photoshop and ACR (not LR). That behavior is a classic sign of a memory leak.

digitaldog:
First, try disabling GPU in the preferences (Performance) or alter the settings. Any better?

If turning OFF the GPU works, it's a GPU bug, and you need to contact the manufacturer or find out if there's an updated driver for it. This is why disabling GPU is an option as more and more functionality moves to the GPU in newer versions of many Adobe products. Disable third-party graphics accelerators. Third-party GPU overclocking utilities and haxies aren't supported.

Also see: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html
Check to see that your GPU meets system requirements.

kers:
With Lightroom 13.2 I have no crashes anymore with the AI- Noise reduction, and I can even do other things at the same time.
They have finally fixed the crash-issue I and many more had.
My hardware has  not changed.
It also seems to be faster about 23 sec for a 46MP NEF file

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version